-=+Chapter Four+=-

-=+Chapter Four+=-

I strode away from the demolition my crew was performing, happy with my decision. The grass tickled my ankles as I walked, the blades hoarse and dry, common for the savanna. A straggling bird flew overhead, flying towards the still-rising sun. Sometimes I wonder how birds don't go blind, sees as though they're always looking directly at the sun.

After some time, I reached the community animal farm, enclosed in the fancy stone walls. I removed a dagger I had quickly grabbed from the ship on the way by, as a replacement for the one that broke. Twirling it absent mindedly, the animal bleats and calls became louder as I strolled down the aisle. The pigs, sheep, and cows all glared at me as I walked by, a scared type of curiosity evident. Luckily for them, I was there for chickens.

Sudden footsteps came from my left, and by the rapid pattern that person was running. I turned the corner and ran directly into Tom, sending him to the ground and I off balance.

"YOU!" he yelled at me, his hair and suit rumpled and dusty, his green face shades darker with the anger that was also very clear in his eyes.

"What?" He jumped up and pointed a finger at me.

"You did this!"

I crossed my arms and planted my feet. "Ye ought to put that finger away before ye lose it to me blade, Tommy Boy." This angered him further, and he took two paces towards me, his other hand resting threateningly on the hilt of his sword, a crimson-dyed diamond blade, glittering with enchantments. By the crimson tint and blood red glimmers sparkling in the sunlight, it was a god-given blade, and not something I wanted to deal with when held by an angry weilder.

"What, exactly," I asked, pushing his hand away from where it was near my face and still with a finger pointed accusingly, "did I do?"

"Your crew blew up Darude! And my house! But most importantly Darude!" I blinked, slightly confused.

"As for the house, may it be a lesson to ye not to anger pirates. As for this 'Darude', I still don't know what ye be talking about." Tom rolled his eyes, and huffed like a child trying to win an argument he has no chance of winning.

"Darude was a song I had wired up under my house to play in the club. Speaking of which," his voice went higher in the last part, "you terrorized DJ Jazzy Jeb!" I laughed. "IT'S NOT FUNNY! You destroyed so much hard work!" His face went a deeper green as his anger rose, his hand tightening on the hilt of his sword, which was now halfway unsheathed.

I snickered. "None of which you did, I assume." Tom pulled out his sword and swung at me, the tip of his blade clanging against the wall as I ducked, my own sword out of its scabbard. He spun around to face me, sword up and ready.

"HEY!" The only other feminine voice on this island rang out above us, and I glanced up to see Sonja standing above the isles, watching us. She jumped down with the grace of the half-fox she was, and landed between the two of us.

"Sonja, move. This is between Capsize and I," Tom snarled, "and quite honestly you should be helping me."

"What!"

She sighed, and wrestled Tom's sword away from him before sheathing it and tossing it back. "Tom, just get the wizards to fix it. It's not that big of a deal, compared to what else they could have done."

A faint voice trailed on the wind, British, but deeper than Tom's accent. "Nooo! My poor Darude!" Sonja grimaced, before gently wrestling my  own weapon from me and dropping it into my scabbard.

"Oh come on Sonja," Tom whined, "don't be such an Ianitee! That's Sparklez's job!" Just as I was about to argue, the rage about to spurt from me in a deadly explosion, Sonja clamped a hand over my mouth.