-=+Chapter Eleven: Part 2+=-

A/N - Direct continuation from the last part. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------    

     As if on cue Tucker, Sonja, and Tom all stirred whilst Redbeard kept sleeping. I sat up and swung my sore legs down off the bed, nudging my brother to consciousness. "Where are we?" Tom moaned, face still down in the sheets he lay on.

     "How am I supposed to know that, man?" Slowly and not so surely, everyone stood up in their cells, gazing around in dulled curiosity. If we are back home, then the Gods must have done something fancy, based on the appearance of the iron bars enclosing the cells and the stray candles.The sound of footsteps came from the direction of the iron doors, and the sunlight was blocked out as something came over the windows.

     "They speak!" I grimaced. The voice was definitely familiar, and was one I never cared for. One that had been nothing but stern looks, scowling face, and a warning I never heeded. Perhaps I should have.

     "So they're awake? Oh, finally." A new voice joined Declan's outside the iron doors, before they slid open effortlessly and almost soundlessly, minus a small *click*, the despite normal weight of the doors. Behind those doors revealed what looked to be a street-like courtyard, and standing beside Declan was a brunette boy who looked to be in his late teens if not early twenties. The Priest was in his normal attire, but his younger companion- I mildly wondered if the Priest had replaced his assistant- wore a brown shirt with metal engraved shoulder caps strapped on, grey pants tucked into brown ankle-height boots, gloves, and most noticeably had large purple wings protruding from his back. Tucker walked out of the jail first, stepping onto the pressure plate situated on the floor and watching as the doors slid open. We all hardly noticed the graceful swing of the doors, with the exception of Tom who eyed it with a ghost of surprise in his eyes before calmly stepping outside and joining the rest of us as we looked to the Priest and his company.

     The boy squirmed under our silent gazes before a nervous grin spread onto his face. "You're certainly a morose group, aren't you? Well, at least one of you must have a very hard skull. After all, you snapped poor Lars' boat in half after falling from the sky. There are still pieces of the boat lying on the bottom ocean near the pier." Redbeard visibly flinched beside me.

     "Aye, send the lad our apologies. That's a nasty fate for a boat." The younger man seemed caught off guard for a moment before nodding.

     "I will. Say where do you all come from?" The entire time, the Priest had been silent, watching us all with the interest of a small child. Perhaps he was waiting for the story of our travels since we left him in Mianite, but even when we were asked of our origins he remained silent, as if he didn't know or was unwilling to say.

     All eyes shifted to Tom and Tucker, the first two Champions to grace that wretched island. At his friend's silence, Tucker's lips crawled into a sarcastic smile, and with a small flourish, replied:

     "The wonderful Realm of Mianite." The eyes of the boy and, surprisingly, the Priest rose in what looked to be confusion and surprise before the younger one spoke again.

     "Really? I haven't heard of such a place. Though the name is most definitely familiar. Is there truly another world?" Again, it was Tucker who replied. The entire time Sonja, Tom and I hadn't said a word.

     "Yeah. Where is this?"

     "Oh, right! Welcome to the port town of Dagrun!" Tired of standing around, I stepped up onto a small wall outlining the jail area from a cliff, overlooking what seemed to be a great city. As large bells rung from somewhere in the town, people were scuttling around to get inside their homes. Most of the buildings seemed to be of different types of stone, while the road was paved in a material akin to a mushroom from back home. Banners fluttered around in the dull wind, most of them a shade of blue or green, as many golems bumbled around. Tom's voice caught my attention again.

     "By the way, if this isn't Mianite, then how'd you get here, Dec?" The Priest's eyes widened, and his relaxed posture changed to one of rigidity just as quickly. A glance at Sonja's face confirmed my own feelings- suspicion. Notonly is it a question of how Declan arrived here, but he was acting as though he cared less about our trip to Aethoria.

     "How do you know my name? I don't know you people." Sonja leaned an elbow on my shoulder as we watched the scene in front of us. The only possible way you could shock Redbeard more than he was at the moment was if you shaved his beard while he slept and proceeded to throw him in the ocean. Tucker looked as completely done with this world, I thought he may just jump into the aforementioned ocean alongside 'Lars's ship, while Tom just looked plain angry. His eyes were staring flaming daggers at the Priest, arms crossed, and if you looked close enough at his light green skin you could see a vein jutting out a slight bit.

     "Cut the crap, Declan!" Eyes narrowing at Tom's furious outburst, Declan briefly muttered something I couldn't catch before gesturing towards the town.

     "I- um, let me give you a tour of Dagrun. Follow me." The Priest started inwards towards the city, us all parading behind him. Without warning, Declan- or, not Declan?- wheeled around. "Oh, before we go," he gestured towards the winged boy. "This is our Prince, Andor." Andor waved before the Priest turned around once again and ushered us on. We walked on in silence, passing many buildings and walking past the pier. The world around us was bright and cheery, but nevertheless our small procession was sombre, glancing around every now and then to peer at something in dull interest. Had anyone back home seen us now, they'd call us ghost of ourselves. At one point we walked into into a building the the so-called 'fish-monger', Sonja stumbled on a loose floorboard and her elbow nudged a small bell. The light *ding!* echoed through the main floor, but Sonja merely brushed off her elbow and walked out, not even glancing at the small bell that dared break our silence. As we walked in the silence we held whilst the Priest awkwardly showed us around and briefly touched on the large layered city's history- which no one payed attention to anyhow-, anyone could tell, because it was as bright as the sun.

     We were broken. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - I TOLD YOU I'D UPDATE THIS WEEKEND! :D Also I had another thing planned for this chapter but it'd take way too long so I'm going to make it as a whole new chapter that I'll TRY to get done this weekend as well (but this time I won't promise anything).

Actual progress towards the #HappyEndings! About time! -Pure