-=+Chapter Nine+=-

A/N - Ok so quick note..... I need to change the timeline a bit. The way I want things to work is very different from what actually happened in Mianite, which I didn't realize until much MUCH later. So what's i'm going to do is.... y'know episode 71 where Furia kills/captures Capsize? Yeah, that's not going to happen. At all. In fact, Furia's betrayal won't happen either. In this more-AU-than-I-thought-it-would-be, Furia stays loyal to Dianite. Tally-ho!

(Song: Please Don't Go - Joel Adams)

Also: I! Am! Prepared! Are you? :P

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-.One Month Later.-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-..-~-.

     I stared up at the sky through the glass blocks, thanks to Tucker asking the Wizards to encase Jordan's ship in a glass bottle. Even so, the stars looked magnificent. I shuffled closer to Jordan, resting my head on his chest and my neck on his outstretched arm. We laid there on his boat deck just admiring the stars above, only minorly hindered by the glass. At a brief glance, they all looked the same. But the more you looked, the more individualized each star became. Different colours, shapes, and personalities. Just like people. In the silence, Jordan chuckled.

     "You've got that cute scrunched up look on your face again. What're you thinking about?" I scrunched my nose more so before relaxing.

     "The stars, they're like people. Seemingly similar but vastly different." I felt him nod, making no noise. A comfortable silence settled over us, only the sound of lapping waves. Had I been tense, the peace and bobbing of the boat would've calmed me instantly.

     "Have you seen what Tucker and Sonja did to the church?" His chest vibrated slightly as he spoke, making my ear feel odd. I turned my head upwards and looked at Jordan to see him staring back. The moon reflected in his blue eyes.

     "No. What've they done?"

     "They turned it into a wedding chapel. Trying to force our marriage." That made me laugh. Leave it to the two Mianitees to forcefully arrange a happy occasion. But all the same:

     "I don't particularly mind the idea." He was silent, feeding my concern that Jordan wasn't serious about this whole thing. At first I was so elusive to him, so teasing. Now that I knew him better, though, I wanted more from this than another off-seas fling.

     "Well, maybe after we restore Ianite we'll have to see about doing that."

     I smiled. "Is this a proposal, Sparklez?"

     He hummed, feigning uncertainty. "Maybe. It's a proposal for a proposal."

     "Oh?"

     "Yeah. Keep being this amazing and I might marry you after we get back." I turned my head back to look at the stars, seeing the faint light of dawn begin to peek into view.

     "Alright. I'll hold on to that." Childish as it was, I held up my pinkie finger. Jordan laughed, and complied.

     "I'd rather hold you." As if to emphasize his point, Jordan wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me. My smile grew. He's so different from all the other men I've met. So much better.

     "Cute. And you haven't even seen me in bed yet." I guffawed as his smile dropped and his face went an almost blinding bright red. He looked like a young child who just witnessed whales mate for the first time.

     Silence swept over us once again, but by now the stars were being blinked out of visibility by the rising sun. The birds had begun to wake up, and chirped accordingly. In the distance, animals were bleating and calling. In tandem, our communicators which we had played nearby went off, making an awful buzzing noise against the wooden deck. Jordan released his hold on my midsection and reached his first.