-=+Chapter Fifteen+=-

     I sat back on my heels, wiping a bead of sweat from my face with the back of my sleeve. The panels glittered in front of me, reflecting the light from a candle behind me. I looked around, seeing the different manuals and books scattered about, as well as spare resources. Turning my head back around, I grabbed a bag of redstone dust from behind me and grabbed a handful of the glittering powder, dropping it in the fuel slot of the generator in front of me. It whirred to life, and I crossed my fingers as I watched the energy siphon through the pipes and into the panels. I tossed my head back laughing when they lit up, the green lights flicking on and the crafting station lighting up. I had finally finished the M.E system.

     "Capsize? Where ye be?" Redbeard yelled from somewhere above me, and my eyes flickered to the stairs leading towards the bedroom, curling around the smeltery tower. My gaze swifted slowly to the dozens of chests lining the wall opposite, and my smile dimmed slightly at the idea of having to move it all into the system.

     "Downstairs!" He clomped down the stairs, pausing at the base of the stairs. I met my brother's eyes, staring at me kneeling on the floor among chaos. He frowned.

     "This is what ye've been workin' on for t'e past week?" Disappointment was layered in his voice and I stood up, crossing my arms over my chest.

     "It is. We were collecting so much junk that I decided to make something to hold it all." He stepped down and walked past me, over to the panel, and began tapping at it. He jumped back when the crafting grid popped up, and I smirked. He huffed.

     "I don't like this, Sister. We be spendin' too much time abroad. It's time t' set sail, I believe." My smirk died, replaces swiftly by a deep-set frown. This was coming from left field, and I didn't appreciate surprises.

     "What are you talking about?" Redbeard stretched his arms out, spinning at a slow arch and pointing at everything on the floor, lingering especially on the smeltery and the M.E system.

     "All o' this, yerself included. We 'aven't been to sea since we arrived, and ye keep dabbling in all these compliat'd things, like we ain't goin' back out again. Ye be losin' yer sea tongue, too." I bent down and began picking up books and pages, kicking spare resources into a large pile to be put away later on.

     "Maybe I like it here, Red, with other people. Besides, where are you goin' to get a boat, hm? I don't recall bringing ours." Redbeard's boat lightly pressed on my fingers as I picked up a book, not causing any pain but keeping me from moving it. I looked up to see him smiling, as though he;d been waiting years for me to ask that question.

     "I been makin' one, down in t'e basement! It's almost ready, jus' need to get the pieces in the water." I stared at him, my jaw clenching.

     "And you didn't think to ask me?"

     "Why does that matter, Sister? Now we can go out 'n' leave!" I yanked my hand from under his boot, feeling the bottom of his shoes scrape at the skin of my fingers, and stood up bolt straight. Heat rose to my face, and my fingernails dug into my palms.

     "Because I'm the captain! And, Skipper, I ain't leavin' this place! I still have to find-" I shut my mouth, one hand over my lips. Angry tears brimmed at my eyes, the emotion settling in my stomach. Redbeard had his own lips twisted into a snarl, eyebrows knitted together.

     "Find who?" I narrowed my eyes, dropping my hand.

     "Never mind. We'll talk about this later." I spun around and stormed up the stairs, two at a time, and pushed open the front door. I was greeted by purple swarms, which seemed to increase in population rapidly as each day passed. The grass and rock had a purple hue, and the vines on the ground had begin crawling towards our home on the ocean, the pace too agonizing to notice unless you didn't look at it for a few days. I had kept meaning to go into town to discuss it with someone, but Tinkers' Construct and, as it was named, Applied Energistics had taken my time.