Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

     Hayden drove down the main road now going so fast over the limit if we would have been caught Hayden wouldn’t have a licence. When we got to Fredrick’s house we ran towards the door only to here screaming. Hayden kicked the door in and I pushed him out of the way running toward the living room. I was holding the colt and pulled back the trigger as I walking into the mess that was Fredrick’s living room.  The once neatly placed photo frames were scattered and broken.

   Fredrick was in the corner with a huge cut down his forehead. Blood matted his messy black hair. On the other side of the room stood the most terrifying thing I had ever seen in my life. Half her face was like one you would see in a zombie movie. She floated half a foot of the ground and her deep blue dress was flowing. The room was swirling full of howling wind that made her dark black curls lick around her face.

 I pointed the colt and aimed. When the rock salt left the barrel it made a loud popping sound it exploded when it hit her. She disappeared in a mist but as soon as she was gone she glitched back into focus. She lunged forward and I stood still as if my feet were cemented into the floor boards. Hayden ran towards her past me with a solid iron rode. He cut through the shoulder of Gloria. She hissed witch contorted her face even more than it already had been.

 “Is she gone?” I asked out of breath. Hayden turned around with bloodshot eyes and he was hyperventilating.

“Not for long.” Coal said from behind me. When I went to look at him I saw the shape of Hillary glitch appear behind him. Rage roared through her face and she lifted a knife about to lung it into Coal’s head.

“Coal move!” Hayden yelled before I could open my mouth. Coal flipped around and shot a bullet of rock salt that blew up in Hillary’s face and she faded just like Gloria had. Before anyone could catch our breath both of them were back.

 Gloria showed up face to face with Hayden and then threw him against the window which shattered as he fell through it. I couldn’t act toward that because Hillary was right behind me.

“Duck!” Coal screamed and I fell to the floor. He shot a clean shot and she was gone again. Gloria was floating toward Fredrick as I picked up the iron rode Hayden had dropped well I was still lying on the floor. I threw it with perfect altitude that it flew right threw her eye. The wind stopped and I knew the wind brake wouldn’t last.

   I ran over to the window and when my palms touched the frame my right hand was torn by a shred of shattered glass. I gripped it with my left and looked out the window. Hayden was lying on the ground with all his joints in a place they didn’t look broken. But his left arm that had gone through the glass first looked almost a ripped as mine and Coals were. I was praying he was uncurious not dead.

“What do we do know?” I asked Coal who was helping Fredrick to his feet. Coal looked around and then his eye lit up.

“Fredrick do you have anything really old that, well Gloria would have owned.” Fredrick looked confused not just about Coal’s question but about his whole past couple days. Waiting for his answer was making me really jittery. I kept looking over my shoulder for the awful face of one of the two dead girls.

“Yeah Hillary bought this faded blue dress from the thrift store and told me to keep if she ever got hurt.” He said but he looked to be seeing stars. His face was so pale he looked to be drained. “It’s in my room.” He crippled to his knees and Coal caught him trying to keep him from hitting the floor.

“Jenna.” Coal said urgently. “I think that’s the dress she’s wearing.” He threw another lighter from the endless supply the boys had. “Go and burn it now!” He yelled and I raced towards the stair case that was beside the front door. I started to open every door and when I got to the one right before I found the master bedroom Hillary was standing in the door frame in full red rage. My first reaction was to slam the door which was exactly what I did. I ran into the last room which was thankfully the bedroom.