| four |

As Jaebum drove me to the hospital, I was desperately trying to hold in my whimpers.

The pain of my wrist, at this point, was unbearable.

Out of my peripheral vision, I saw Jaebum stretch his hand across to pick up my wrist.

He turned his head slightly, still managing to keep his eyes on the road. I couldn't ignore the blood that rushed to my cheeks when he tilted my hand and brushed his delicate lips against the skin.

" We're almost there baby, just hang on. "

The pet name had me screaming internally. He enlaced his fingers with mine, running the pad of his thumb across my hand.

When we finally reached the hospital, he quickly ran to my side of the car and opened the door.

He slid his arm around my waist, helping me up.

" Take it slow babe. "

He had me blushing again as I stood up, leaning on him.

Jaebum walked me through the sliding glass doors and I was greeted with the crisp air of the building.

He informed the woman at the desk of my situation and she quickly took me back, taking me out of Jaebum's arms.

" Wait, can he come? Please. "

The woman shook her head sympathetically and my heart sped up.

" Jaebum! "

" I'll be waiting right here for you. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. "

A couple minutes later, they informed me that they would have to surgically remove the screw and put my bone back into place.

It wasn't too long before the surgeon injected me with the liquid that would send me into a deep sleep.

- - - - -

Jaebum

My heart was beating uncontrollably as I sat in the waiting room.

My life had been flipped upside down within only eight hours.

A boy by the name of Youngjae had caused so many emotions that I had never felt to flood my brain.

I don't know what it was but the way his complexion gave off how innocent he was, reeled me in immediately.

His brown orbs could just melt your heart, no matter how cold of a person you were.

He had managed to override my senses in no time at all.

The way he had pleaded for help and to stay with him. It broke me, seeing him break down in front of my very eyes.

And now, I was an anxiety filled mess in the emergency room.

I don't know how such a person could be so cruel as to kick their own son out of their home for being themselves.

I had managed to drift off slightly when a woman in scrubs came out from the room.

" Are you here for Choi Youngjae? "

" Yes, is he okay? Please tell me he's alright. "

" He broke the bone in his wrist from the nail protruding into it. He has just gotten out of surgery. I am afraid I can not give any further information to someone who is not of blood or intimate significance. "

Anger began to boil up in my chest and I clenched my hands, trying to push the feeling down.

I sighed, looking up at her.

" I'm all he has. "

Her face softened and she continued rattling off information.

" He will have to wear a cast for two months at the minimum, he is recommended to come in once every two weeks for progress and healing purposes. His ribs were mildly bruised but not so much as to be worried. He might be a little sore for a week or two for days. "

I nodded in hopefulness.

" Can I see him? "

She nodded, gesturing to follow her. She allowed me to walk into the room and I couldn't help the smile from stretching across my face.

" Youngjae? "

He groaned, opening his eyes from a deep sleep.

" Aish, I feel like a ton of bricks fell on me. "

I chuckled, walking closer to his bedside and sitting down.

" Jaebum? "

" Yeah? "

" Promise me you'll never leave? "

" I promise Young- "

He grabbed my arm, pulling me closer, tears pooling in his eyes.

" No, I mean, promise. You're the only thing I have left. I need you to survive Jaebum. "

" I'm never leaving you babe. "