| fourteen |

I was getting ready for bed when I spotted the coral pink fabric in my suitcase sticking out.

The tears never stopped. I had been crying for so long that my eyes had become dry.

I pulled the fabric out, Jaebum's sweater that I always wore.

I held in a sob as I pulled it over my head. It smelt just like him. The aroma of peppermint was a scent that stuck to the sweater.

I pulled back the covers of the bed, sliding into it. It was a chilling cold. It felt strange not to have JB's arms around me.

I heard a knock on the door and knew it was Mark.

" Come in. "

The door slowly swung open and Mark's blonde head peered around the corner.

" Are you okay Youngjae? "

I sighed, sitting up, the blanket falling off of me.

" I don't think I can stay here. "

" Why? "

" I feel like I'm intruding. You and Jackson look so happy and in love and I don't want to disrupt that. "

" Youngjae- "

I didn't listen as I grabbed my suitcase, zipping it up.

" You're not intruding. Please, stay. "

I walked past him, down the stairs.

" Bye Mark. "

I opened the front door, closing it behind me, and left.

Where I was I going to go?

Home.

Not Jaebum's house.

Home.

I walked until I came upon the house that had become my worst nightmare.

I put my suitcase on the porch, pulling the sleek item out of it that would have to be put to use.

The item that my father gave to me before he passed away, that I never thought I would have to use.

I went to knock on the door but the door opened as my knuckles connected with it.

I frowned, stepping into the house.

" Eomma? "

She walked into the hallway, hair shiny and pearls around her neck. A face full of makeup and a smile teasing the corner of her lips.

" You look rather happy for a woman who's husband just died not too long ago. "

" What are you doing here Youngjae? "

I hid the sleek item behind my back, tucking it under the sweatshirt.

I heard a muffled yell from upstairs, ever so faintly.

" What the hell was that? "

She hurried to the base of the stairs, stopping me from going up them.

" Nothing. Anyways, what are you doing here? I thought I told you to never come here again. "

I heard the shout again, this time even quieter.

" What is that? "

I had enough, using my hands to push her down and running up the stairs.

" Yah, Choi Youngjae, how dare you put your hands on your mother! "

I ignored her, following the muffled groans.

I opened the door, pulling the sleek item out and aiming it at whoever was in the room.

My stomach dropped at the sight.

Jaebum.

Tied to a chair, hands behind his back and tape put across his mouth. Tears were evident on his face.

I didn't know how to react.

Heels were hurriedly clicking along the floor and my mother rushed into the room, looking bewildered.

" Youngjae, are you really going to help the man that broke your heart? "

My eyes darted between her and Jaebum. My heart was beating so painfully against my rib cage.

" I'm your mother Youngjae. You've finally seen the light, leaving that horrid Jaebum. "

The item was still aimed at Jaebum as I was too busy panicking on the inside.

Jaebum screamed against the tape and I whimpered.

" My father told me that when trouble comes to town and someone like you comes around, to shoot. "

That was the last thing I said before my finger graced the trigger and all that was heard was an ear deafening shot.