| fifteen |

My body was faster than my brain and I watched as my mother fell to the ground, pearls clattering to the floor.

I dropped the gun, hurrying over to Jaebum. I tried my best to not hurt him as I peeled the tape off.

He let out a sob and my heart tugged at me. I quickly untied his hands and grabbed him, pulling him out of the house.

When we made it outside, I told him to sit down while I called for help.

" What's your emergency? "

I gulped, preparing to explain everything.

" I killed my mother. "

" What? "

" She's beaten me on multiple occasions, thrown me out of the house onto the streets, threatened my life, and held my ex-boyfriend hostage. She was telling me to shoot him but I shot her instead. It was a form of self defense. "

I told the woman on the line where I was and hung up.

I looked at Jaebum, sitting on the sidewalk. He was crying and shaking, catching his breath.

I sighed, sitting down beside him and wrapping my arms around him.

" She made me do it. "

" What? "

" She made me break up with you. She told me if I didn't then- "

He stuttered over his words as he held in a sob.

" Then what Jaebum? "

" Then she'd kill you. And nothing mattered more to me than keeping you alive, even if it meant I couldn't have you. "

My face softened as I pulled him closer to me and he nuzzled his head into my neck, throwing his arms around my waist.

" I'm sorry Youngjae. "

" There's nothing to apologize for. You were protecting me. If anything, I'm sorry for calling you all those names. "

As I saw the police and ambulance come closer in the distance, Jaebum's cries slowed.

" I love you. "

My heart melted at his words and I kissed the top of his head.

" I love you too. "

They finally pulled up and the police asked me where my mother was.

" In the house, upstairs. "

As they all rushed inside, the EMT's came to Jaebum and I.

" Are either of you hurt? "

" I'm not but I'm not sure about him. "

I looked at JB whimpering in my arms and knew there's no possible way I could survive without him.

The EMT's examined him while the police came out of the house with a body bag.

I still I can't believe I did that.

Even though she had no desire to be near me and treated me like the dirt on the bottom of her shoe, she was still my mother.

Apparently, my sister had left the country with her so called boyfriend without saying a word to eomma. Not that she cared.

" You will not be charged or convicted of murder due to the circumstances. Would you like her to be buried? "

How could I answer such a question?

I just nodded, walking away from the police and going to Jaebum who sat on the edge of the ambulance.

I stood in front of him, placing both hands on his thighs and looking at him.

" Are you okay Jaebum? "

" I'm fine. I just need you. "

I smiled, holding out my arms. He wrapped his arms around my neck as well as putting his legs around me so I carried him.

Just as I was about to kiss him, an EMT interrupted, clearing her throat.

I looked at her as she apologized.

" I'm sorry, I just wanted to clarify that both of you are okay and then you can go home. "

We nodded and I carried Jaebum to his car. I could feel his breath on my neck as he tried to relax and calm down.

The police had placed my suitcase right next to the passenger door.

" Alright JB, we're here. "

I gently placed him down and he wasted no time in pressing his lips to mine.

It felt sensational to feel his kiss. I hadn't really lost him after all.

" Come back home Youngjae. "

" Are you sure- "

" And marry me. Come back home and marry me. "

My heart stopped for a millisecond.

" What? "

Everything went so fast. He dropped to one knee, pulling out a black matted box.

" I know it may seem way too soon but neither of us are going anywhere. I think we've both realized we can't live without eachother. So will you, Choi Sunshine, marry me? "

" Is that even a question? "