| five |

The hospital had let me go and now I had to carry the weight of this cast around.

I pouted at the pink covering.

" I hate this, bummie. "

" I know but you have to deal with it. Come on, sunshine. "

I trailed behind him as we exited the overwhelmingly cool building. He began walking towards his car and I slowed.

" Jaebum, I don't have anywhere to stay- "

" Yes you do. You're staying with me. "

I smiled, my cheeks turning pink at his generosity.

" Thank you bummie. "

" Anything for you. "

The drive to his home was only a couple minutes. He showed me inside, switching on a few lights.

The living room was illuminated abruptly and I was met with a comfy and tranquil living space.

" You can sleep in my bed if you want. I can just sleep on the couch. "

I hung my head low as I admitted my next statement.

" Not to sound needy, but I don't think I'm emotionally stable enough to sleep alone. "

I pretended not to notice the way the corner of his lips tugged up into a subtle grin.

" You can never sound needy. Not to me at least. "

I followed him upstairs into his room and realized I didn't have a change of clothes.

" Jaebum, I don't have any other clothes. "

He opened a drawer in his dresser, pulling out items of clothing.

" Just wear mine. You probably look better in them than me. "

I blushed in flattery and took them from him, asking him where the bathroom was so I could change.

After I had changed into the shorts and coral colored long-sleeved sweatshirt, I returned to his room.

The lights were off and the light of the moon was the only thing to contribute.

I saw Jaebum under the covers of his bed and he smiled, patting the empty right side of it.

I slid in beside him, pulling the comforter over me and facing him.

" Thank you Jaebum. For everything. You didn't have to do any of what you did today. "

" I know I didn't have to, but I wanted to. You have given me more purpose than I've ever known. Now that I've met you, I know what my purpose is. "

" And what is that? "

He took his right hand and tucked it underneath my chin, using his finger to lift my head up more. I blushed as he caressed my cheek, placing his thumb over my lips.

" To make sure you are never hurt. To be your safe haven and the person you come to when you need somebody. I'll be here, always. "

I nuzzled my head into his chest, not wanting him to see the rosy color that my cheeks were.

He chuckled, throwing his arm around me and pulling me closer.

His laugh was a melodious tune that I could never grow tired of.

" By the way, you don't have to call me Jaebum all the time, I go by JB mostly. "

I looked up at him before grinning and hugging him to me.

" I think I'll call you bummie. "

And that night, I slept a full nights sleep for the first time since my appa passed away.

I felt safe in JB's arms, like nothing could hurt me if he was there.

He was my guardian angel in every aspect.