| thirteen |

My breath left me at her words. Every part of my body was screaming at this very point.

" You stay away from him. "

" You're going to leave him. I won't hesitate to kill him. Kick him out of your house and break up with him. And don't tell him I said to or else you're next. "

The line went dead and all I could hear was the sound of my heart beating wildly and my stomach dropping.

What the hell am I going to do?

I dropped my phone, sliding down the wall and slowly but surely breaking down.

I walked into the bedroom to see Youngjae peacefully asleep, arms wrapped around my pillow.

My heart broke, knowing I'd never be able to see the sight again.

I couldn't do that to him. Not only would it hurt him, but it would hurt me too.

I stood beside where he laid and bent down, grazing my lips against his. After all, it could be the last time I kiss him.

I went back downstairs, into the dining room. I sat in the chair, bawling my eyes out.

I had stayed down there so long, I didn't see the sun peering through the windows.

" Jaebum, where are you? "

I sobbed at the sound of his voice. I can't do this. There's no way.

But I had to. To save him.

I heard him come down the stairs and his face quickly dropped from a smile to worry.

" Baby, what's wrong? I've never seen you cry before. "

I had to make this quick. If I dragged it out too long, I knew I would crack. My heart longed to hold him and tell him everything was going to be okay.

" Get out. "

He was taken aback by my words and I immediately regretted it. Every word that left my mouth was like a stab to my heart.

" What? "

" You heard me. Get out. Take your stuff and leave. "

I saw tears well up in his eyes and it took every inch of my being to not take back everything I just said.

" Are you serious? After everything? I gave everything I had to you Im Jaebum! And this is how you treat me!? I thought you loved me! I gave my body to you for crying out loud! "

I clenched my jaw, trying to hold the tears in. If losing him meant saving his life then I had to do this.

" I'm sorry Youngjae. "

He yelled in disbelief, running up the stairs and slamming the door.

Why did this have to happen? Youngjae's mother is the devil herself.

She will go down. Even if it means I go to jail.

I heard him again, this time with a suitcase.

" I hope you're happy, you piece of shit. "

With one final slam of the door he was gone. I whimpered, letting out a loud roar of emotion.

Mrs. Choi, I'm going to find you first.

— — — — —

Youngjae

Everything hurt.

I was heavy with pain and my heart would let out a wave of sadness every couple seconds.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I went through my contact list, calling Mark.

" Hello? Jackson, stop. "

I ignored his giggly tone, feeling emotionless.

" Mark, help. "

His giggling came to an end at my croaky tone.

" Where are you? "

" JB's house. "

" I'm on my way. "

He hung up and I fell against the sidewalk, processing everything.

It was like being hit with a truck four times your size. I had just lost the one person I could count on. The one person I've ever fallen in love with.

I had no idea what I did wrong. Just last night, he was holding me and telling me how much he loved me.

Guess it was all a lie.

A grey sleek car pulled up beside me and I sat up, grabbing my suitcase and opening the passenger door to see Mark.

" Sunshine, what happened? "

My heart let out a pang at the nickname 'Sunshine'. Jaebum used to call me that.

" JB stepped on my heart and shattered it. "

He knew I didn't want to talk so he sighed, pulling off and driving to his house.

" Do you need a place to stay? You can stay with Jackson and I. "

" Yes, thank you Mark. "

I did a mini bow and watched as he parked in his driveway.

After I grabbed my suitcase, Mark opened the door to be met with a pouty Jackson.

" I missed you Markie-poo. "

" Babe I was only gone for fifteen minutes. "

" That's too long. "

Sadness enveloped me as I watched Jackson pick Mark up and spin around, laying kisses on his lips.

" Youngjae is going to stay with us for a while. Him and his boyfriend aren't really on good terms. "

I grumbled.

" He's not my boyfriend. He's an asshole. "

Mark showed me to the guest room and I collapsed on the bed.

This is my new home.

And my new life.

Without Im Jaebum in it.