『Chapter Four || Attack of the Lady Manager!』

"Haruhi-kun, you look so cute in that kimono you're wearing," one of Haruhi's customers complimented.

"Yeah, You almost look like a girl in it," another of Haruhi's customers agreed.

Haruhi smiled, "Thank you very much."

"Haruhi, you have another request," Kyoya interrupted, "Your clients have pretty well stabilized lately, haven't they? Keep it up. We're not planning to charge interest on the original debt you incurred so just keep working hard, and pay it off," Suddenly, sparkling roses appeared behind Kyoya ('cause why not? It's an anime and a fanfiction is it not), "The rental fee for that kimono is nothing to sneeze at, after all."

Who is this guy, the crooked magistrate? Haruhi thought, sulking, as Fumika comforted her though she doesn't know why Haruhi was sulking, "There there, Haruhi, there there."

"Kyoya-sama," a girl interrupted.

"You're just too much, in that kimono," her friend finished, "Are there any new photo collections of the Host Club coming out?"

"Unfortunately, nothing is scheduled at the present," Kyoya said, putting on a fake smile.

"The club makes much of its money-" Hikaru started

"-from the sale of promotional items, right?" Kaoru finished.

"The promotional items themselves are poor," Kyoya said, turning around to face the twins, "The photo collections are just amateur hidden camera shots. In order to draw even more for the club's expenses out of the school budget, we have to start coming up with some higher-quality products."

Kyoya's really smart. If it weren't him, I'm pretty sure that this club wouldn't be able to run smoothly-and would probably go bankrupt, Fumika thought.

"Haru-chan. I lost one of my sandals," Honey sniffled, walking up to them, holding only one sandal.

"Weren't you just wearing them a while ago?" Haruhi asked, walking over to Honey.

"Mitsukuni..." Mori said, taking Honey's right foot and slipping on his (Honey's) lost sandal.

"Takashi..." Honey sniffled.

"It was lying over there," Mori simply said.

"Takashi!" Honey shouted, hugging Mori.

"Fantastic!"

"It is fantastic!"

"These tearful scenes seem to be spreading," Haruhi muttered to Fumika, "How is it that everyone can get so weepy so suddenly?"

"Eye drops?" Fumika suggested, as Haruhi accidentally bumped into Hikaru, "Oops."

Something dropped out of Hikaru's sleeve when Haruhi bumped into him, and onto the floor.

"Eye drops?" Haruhi said, holding the bottle up.

"I told you," Fumika muttered to her.

"I should let you know, it's a common practice for a host," Hikaru said.

"There isn't a girl around who won't swoon over moist eyes," Kaoru said.

"That's cheating," Haruhi said.

"Here, Haruhi," Kaoru said, pulling out a box of confections, "this is for you."

"Can I really have this?" Haruhi said, sparkling.

"She's so cute," Hikaru and Kaoru gushed.

"Haruhi-kun, you like confections?" a girl squealed.

"No, I'm not much for sweets but..." Haruhi said, staring at the box fondly, "I think it'd be a nice memorial offering for my mother."