『Chapter Sixteen || Fumika's First Love!』

A/N: Warning, there's a long ranting author's note at the end of this chapter.

|| Previously, on Invisible... ||

Fumika's eyes widened when she saw the boy. Recognizing him, she quickly retreated back into the kitchen, leaning against the wall.

"Arai-kun!" she heard Haruhi gasp.

'So it is him, Fumika thought, Katsuo Arai. My first love.'

|| Back to now... ||

"Fumika?" Fumika's head shot up to see Kyoya standing in front of her, a concerned look on his face.

"K-Kyoya..."

Kyoya opened his mouth to ask what's wrong, but he was interrupted by Misuzu entering the kitchen. "Fumika-chan! There you are! An old school friend of yours just stopped by! I'll give you a break so you and Haruhi can catch up with him!"

|| a few minutes later... ||

Fumika, Haruhi, and Arai were awkwardly sitting at a table while the Host Club sat a few tables away. Well, actually just Honey and Mori were sitting at a table. Hikaru and Kaoru were sitting at the bar close to Honey and Mori, Tamaki was sulking in his makeshift emo corner, and Kyoya...well, Kyoya was currently standing behind Fumika, sending Arai glares. You could almost see an evil aura emit from him.

Arai let out a small cough, trying not to look at Kyoya. "So, it's been a while, huh," he said, attempting to start a conversation.

Haruhi nodded, "Uh-huh."

"You've cut your hair. That's such a shame," Arai said.

"You think so?" Haruhi asked, tugging on a strand of her short hair, "After cutting it, it's easier to manage this way."

"And, uh, F-Fumika...y-y-you..." Arai trailed off when he felt the evil aura around Kyoya darken even more.

Fumika sighed in annoyance and turned around to face the boy behind her. "Kyoya, go sit with Hikaru and Kaoru," she ordered.

Kyoya raised an eyebrow. "And if I don't?" he challenged.

Fumika crossed her arms. "Don't make me put in you in the corner with Tamaki," she threatened, "We both know how humiliating that would make you feel."

They glared at each other for what seemed like hours--when really, it was only, like, 20 seconds--before Kyoya turned and walked over to the twins, grumbling as he did so.

Arai weakly chuckled as he watched Kyoya stalk over to the others. He turned back to the Fujioka sisters and resumed their chat. "Have you two settled in at Ouran?" Arai asked, "Do you ever see anyone from middle school?"

"Mm-hmm, sort of. Kazumi calls me a lot, and such," Haruhi answered.

"Ne, Kyo-chan, who is he?" Honey asked, innocently.

"From what I've seen, it seems to me that he's a middle school friend of Fumika and Haruhi," Kyoya said bitterly, glaring at the boy. He didn't like how Arai was looking at Fumika. .

"If he's had zero contact since graduation, he's not a friend, he's just a former classmate," Hikaru said, bitterly.

"You say they're in the same club as you are. What club is that?" Arai asked, glancing at the Host Club.

"The Host Club," Haruhi muttered, but Arai misheard her.

"Oh yeah? The softball club, huh?"

"Hey, Haruhi! Fumika!! Shouldn't you be working?" Hikaru called, raising his glass, "We've got a goldbricker over here!"