『Chapter Eighteen || Kyoya's Reluctant Day Out!』

A/N: But wait, there's more! It's not just one, but TWO chapters! Yippee! Happy birthday to me!

Kyoya opened his eyes to see that he was in an unknown place crowded with unknown people--commoners.

"Where am I?" He thought, looking around, "I was at home, sleeping, until just a moment ago...Wait, no I wasn't...Tamaki was shouting about something...As I remember, it was about going to some kind of exhibit or something..."

|| Flashback to an hour ago... ||

"Doesn't that sound interesting, Kyoya? The underprivileged commoners hold special events like this once in a while to ease the emptiness of being unable to travel," Tamaki said as he and the rest of the Host club stood in front of Kyoya's bed, "By obtaining notable products from different regions, they are able to somewhat enjoy the feeling of traveling. So I've come up with a project so that beginning 2nd term, we'll be better able as a club to understand Haruhi and Fumika's feelings by going to experience some commoners' culture for ourselves.

"So, with that in mind, come on, let's go! Let's go right now!" Tamaki urged, "Oh, by the way, in keeping with the purpose of this project, Haruhi and Fumika won't be participating with us today, so if you don't mind..."

Grumbling, Kyoya reluctantly woke up, glaring.

"Come on, come on. You think you can sleep until almost noon on the last day of summer vacation?" Tamaki questioned as he and the rest of the Host club--par Mori--attempted to shake Kyoya out of bed.

Grumpily, Kyoya sat up in bed, a dark aura beginning to form around him. "Let me tell you, I didn't go to bed until 5 in the morning," Kyoya growled in a husky voice, "And who gave you permission to come into my bedroom, anyhow?"

By now, the Hosts were all huddled together far away from Kyoya's bed.

"Kyo-chan is really grouchy when he wakes up, huh?" Honey commented.

"Don't go casting stones," Mori said, but he only got a confused look from the little blonde who didn't know how he acted when he woke up.

"Huh? What?"

"Who cares about commoners' culture," Kyoya growled, "I'm starting to get pretty tired of the whole "commoner" shtick. Formulaic morons. If you want to go, then suit yourselves." With those words, the exhausted Shadow King fell back onto his bed, fast asleep.

"Uh, you're sure we can suit ourselves?" Tamaki asked nervously. When he got no response, the blonde brightened up, "All right, we've gotten the hypotensive devil's permission! Gentlemen, let's get this devil dressed up and taken to the car!"

|| At the mall... ||

The Host club--excluding the sleeping Kyoya on Tamaki's shoulders--looked around the shopping center in awe.

"Looks like they're selling a lot of the same kind of clothing!" Kaoru shouted as Hikaru pointed at what his brother was talking about.

"Mass production! Mass production!" they both cheered.

"Hold on! They have a pet shop!" Tamaki shouted, "We're going to the pet shop first!"

"I'm going to eat ice cream on the roof!" Honey declared.

Tamaki scampered over to a nearby events sign. "Oh! Looks like they're holding some kind of amazing event on the roof!" Tamaki said, turning his back to the sign. As he did so, he unknowingly dropped Kyoya onto a nearby bench and left him there as he (Tamaki) led the rest of the Host club to the roof.

|| And so, when the hypotensive devil finally woke up... he realized he was all alone. ||

"Oh, so that's it," Kyoya mused, getting up from the bench. He turned around to look at the sign behind him. "I'm currently at the Izumi shopping center. That's not within walking distance of home. I guess I'll call and have a car sent out." However, when he stuck his hands into his pocket for his phone, Kyoya found that there was no phone there.