『Chapter Ten || A Day in the Life of the Fujioka Family!』

"Aren't we lucky that we managed to get the advertised specials?" Fumika beamed, as she and Haruhi made their way back home.

"The supermarket really is the place to spend a Sunday morning," Haruhi agreed before checking grocery shopping off her mental to-do list, "Once we home, we've got cleaning and laundry to do..."

Haruhi broke her train of thought when she bumped into Fumika who had come to a sudden stop. "Huh? Fumika, why'd you stop?"

"Do you see that, in front of our apartment?" Fumika asked, pointing towards the crowd of people surrounding a car.

To answer her question, the door opened, and out stepped the Host Club.

"Eh?!" Haruhi shrieked, which somehow didn't draw the attention of others nearby, "What are they doing here?!"

"Wow, so this is Haruhi and Fumika's house?" they heard Kaoru asked.

"It's pretty big, isn't it? Bigger than I thought," Hikaru commented.

"It has lots of rooms," Honey stated.

"No, this is what's called aggregate commoner dwelling," Kyoya corrected, "Fumika and Haruhi's place is probably just one of the rooms among these."

"Kyoya! What's with all of these people?!" Tamaki demanded, "Especially those two doppelgangers!"

"Oh. I was sure that you didn't have the courage to come alone, so it would be better if we came en masse," Kyoya said, faking a thinking face, "I guess that was uncalled for. Okay, children, let's go home."

"No way! I don't want to go home!" the twins protested.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me. I don't want to be alone," Tamaki said.

"Listen up, men. Do not forget..." Tamaki said, going back into his kingly personality, "This is just a 'we happened to be passing by' sort of nonchalant visit, and is definitely not research on the Fujioka family's standard of living! The words 'shabby,' 'cramped,' and 'run-down' are absolutely forbidden!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Under no circumstances are you to say or do anything to make Haruhi, Fumika, or her father wish that we would leave," Tamaki continued. At this point, Haruhi was at her breaking point.

"Too late for that. Go away, right now!" Haruhi ordered, letting the Hosts know that she and Fumika were there.

"Haruhi! Fumika!" the Hosts shouted, before scanning Haruhi's and Fumika's clothes, "Plain and simple, looking good!"

"Shut up! Get the hell out of here!" Haruhi yelled.

"Eee! Haruhi is using incredibly dirty language!" Tamaki shrieked, before scolding the twins, "This is all your fault!"

"It wasn't me..." the twins protested.

"Excuse me, Haruhi-chan, is everything all right?" the landlady asked, concerned.

"Oh, Miss Landlady..."

"Driving up in foreign cars like this... Are these people the Yakuza or something?"

"No, uh..."

"Should I call the police?"

"Pleased to meet you, madam," Tamaki said, suddenly coming up to them, "My name is Suoh, and I'm one of Haruhi-san and Fumika-san's friends."

"Oh, my, my, my, my, what am I to do?" the landlady said, flustered.

"I'm terribly sorry for suddenly stopping by like this and causing a stir..." Fumika started droning out of that conversation when Kyoya walked over to her.