My NEW HOME?! - reason behind our marriage

RUDRA'S POV:

I sat in the car with the veil hiding my face. Those who think that the veil is regressive are naive. They don't realize how powerful it is. I was studying the world around me, my husband, his lawyer, his home, watching him, learning about his habits, for instance, in only half an hour, I had already learnt that whenever he was tensed, he would hold the bridge of his nose between his left forefinger and thumb. He wore his watch in the right hand and as a sign of impatience, tapped his foot. This he did at every signal.

While I was busy observing them, I also noticed the way he looked at me, sometimes in disgust, other times in lust. He would stare at my throat, at me and yet he couldn’t make out how well I was studying him.

 The veil kept me hidden; it protected me. He still did not know how I looked, going by his own words at the marriage. He did not know what to expect at all. Poor guy, he looked like he was carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Soon, we rolled to a stop and I realized that we had indeed reached home. Home? It did not feel welcoming at all when I stepped out of the car. Sure, the gardens were huge and well kept, sure the house was actually a mansion, sure it was stupendous, but it felt like a hotel to me. It did not have the feeling of being lived in.

He beckoned me to follow him inside. As I stepped in, careful to place my left foot in first, a sign of good luck, I found myself in a huge living room. It had stairs to the upper levels on the left, and some doorways straight ahead. To my right was the sitting area. The couch, the love seats and the soft sofa were flanked by lamps at the corners and a beautiful coffee table in the middle. The fire place was on this right wall, at the corner of the living area with a huge portrait of a lady and child. It was beautiful, breathtaking. The lady's smile was genuine, her eyes sparkled and it looked like she was sitting there, starring down at us with her warmth. 

"Cough cough" I turned around to notice my husband trying to gain my attention. I looked at him and waited, wanting him to speak first. "Can you please remove your veil now? I am curious to see how Rudra Ethan Hawk actually looks; could you please do me the favor of showing me my wife's face?" He asked in polite sarcasm. I nodded in negative and he sighed.

Shaking his head, he addressed to Miles," Dude, do you think she can speak or the bastard Rathore has dumped some brainless chick on our heads?" MY free hand clenched in a tight fist as I tried to remember that I could never ever harm my husband.

"Chill Hawk, Rathore begged you to marry his girl, threatening to burn himself in front of you, I am so sure that he tried to tie us down with a piece of shit. Well, anyways, it ain't important, dump her somewhere and then we will deal with the asshole."

By now I had lost it. SMACK! I slapped Miles hard across his face. "I dare you to insult my father again. Open your mouth against him one more time, and I swear to rip you apart with my bare hands, piece by piece. Get that dude?" I hissed at him.

They booth stood starring. "Umm so you can talk? Well then lady kindly inform us why did your father force me to marry you to me or why did you marry a man so much older than you?" I cocked my head to the side and stared at him. "Fine, be quite, but let me inform you, I have no intension of taking a wife, let alone a wife as young as you, had it not been for you father, neither of us would have been in this predicament. "

"Can't you answer me?" He yelled exasperated. I stared at him, and then hissed in anger," It's a question I have been dying to know the answer of you know. Why would an old man like you force my father to marry me to you and the talk as if you did us a huge favor, you bloody pedophile.?" 

"Me? Me?" he yelled, "you think I wanted to marry a kid? Seriously? I was given no choice when he threatened to self immolate himself right in the middle of my conference room?" 

I stood there, starring at him, trying to process the meaning behind his words. This was not what I was told was the reason of our marriage. This was not what dad and mom told me. What was he talking about?