when life changes.....

Caroline's POV:

Next morning, Mom woke up. I had spent the night keeping vigil by her bedside. As soon as her eyes fell on me, her prettiest smile lit her face. "How are you Caro?" She asked in her husky voice. Tears blurred my vision as I lunged to hug her. How can someone worry about you when they themselves are hospitalized? 

Would my real mother have done this too? Is Rudra the answer to my prayers? Is she the angel my mom sent to love me? All these questions lost their voice as I drowned in her rose scent. I loved my angel, my mother, my friend and I was thanking my mom for sending this beautiful fairy for me.

"Caro? Are you okay baby?" She asked again and I could only nod in her arms. I pulled back and pressed the switch for the nurse to come. I was told to do so when she woke up. 

Soon the nurse came in followed by the nice doctor. They checked her and pronounced her fit to leave after giving her loads of instructions for the baby. I made note of all of it. After all I was going to take care of my mom and new baby brother or sister.

Dad was called and he too was given a huge list of instructions. They left and the nurse helped me get mom ready while dad dealt with the formalities.

We drove home with my grandparents following us. Mom lay in the back seat with her head on my shoulder and dad drove quietly. It was a comfortable silence. After a long time I felt like humming my favorite tune. Soon, mom too joined in and we sang a few of our favorite songs. 

By the time we reached home, dad was singing along with us and we were having a karaoke in the car. Laughing at us, dad carried mom inside while grandma helped me in. Grand pa did not enter our house. He got some phone call and looked very angry and tensed. He called Gran out and soon they drove away. It was an emergency of some sort................