Trying to be a family....

I cuddled Caro a bit more then sent her off to get ready. She smiled and skipped off like a child. I called him downstairs. I did not want them to be close to each other right now. He was too angry to think straight. As soon as he came down, I pulled him into the kitchen and hugged him tight.

Pulling back I whispered, "Please do not say anything to her please. Let her boyfriend come to dinner. She was excited about it. Please." I begged while he frowned. "Rose, her boyfriend was yours once, she stole him. How can you ask me to allow her to continue this relation? What was all this about? You refer to her as your daughter?" He asked sounding confused.

I smiled shyly. 'I don't know when, but suddenly I started having motherly feelings for her. Today, while I yelled at her, I noticed her eyes, she wanted a mother to love her and somehow, I felt I was that mother. I couldn't leave her alone and lost like this. I cannot let her mess up her emotions and life like this. Please, I beg you to forgive her. Give her sometime please." 

He nodded sternly," Only because you are asking. I want to thank you. For visiting Lily, for taking care of everything from the time you have come. I understand you must hate this. I will try and free you soon" I placed my palm across his mouth and stopped him from saying those fatal words.

I shook my head," No, do not ever say that again please. You and Caro are my family and I do not want to lose either of you okay. Yes, this month has been difficult and I know it will not be easy in future either. But you two mean the world to me and if I get to see your smiles every day, I will find a way around each and every problem that life throws at me. I promise." He stepped forward and crushed me to him. He simply held me in his arms. We did not need words to voice our feelings. 

It was not love, but it was something special. This was the start of our relation; a proper start. Suddenly, I was crushed from behind too. Caroline was hugging me. I turned slightly and hugged her back. We were in an awkward embrace but it felt beautiful. I felt complete. A feeling I did not know ever, not even in my supposed love's arms.

I understood what my granny meant when she called herself ‘a complete woman’. It doesn't mean you should have a career or money or bank balance. It means when you realize that your husband and child are your wealth. When they are in your arms, you know you will do anything to keep them happy. I felt like the richest woman today. I had earned my wealth. My daughter and my husband were in my arms.

Our relations still needed to improve. All three of us need to work on our relations but we had found a start. We had taken the first step. It is always the first step that is difficult and we had overcome our first difficulty.

"Umm guys," I spoke, "we need to get cracking if I am to serve my daughter's boyfriend some food you know." I smirked as they pulled back. "How about you both help me?" I asked and saw him nod at me with a smile before walking over to the fridge.

Caro stood still, looking into my eyes," What happened baby," I asked as I put a stray tendril behind her ear. "I was a bitch to you and yet you call me your daughter, I am your age and yet you treat me like a child? Why? Are you trying to play with me? Please do not do that. I cannot be cheated again, I will die." She begged as tears filled her eyes.

I pulled her into a hug." Honey, you mean the world to me. I promise you on all that is sacred to me; I am not cheating you or plotting revenge. How you became important to me I do not know. When did you become my daughter, I do not know but slowly, with each passing day your importance grew. It grew so much that today, when your dad was shouting at you, I wanted to push him away and cuddle you in my arms, I waned o protect you from everything." I soothed her as I rubbed her back.