Penance...

Ishan's POV"

I drove Jake silently. He sat in my car and I felt contaminated. I couldn't even bring myself to be civil with him. I knew I was hurting my mom, but this bastard had hurt all of us, including his own wife and daughter.

He sat next to me. He was silent too. He was crying silently. I guessed the guilt was finally hitting him or perhaps he was an amazing actor .Either way, I didn't care. He was a waste of space for me; total waste. Granny wanted this asshole in our house. She’s a smart woman, but I couldn’t see the reason behind this move.

When we reached our destination, I parked the car outside the main gate and gestured him to follow as I got out. We walked into an unused warehouse. It was massive and was at one time used to store excessive and unwanted items and grains of our hotels.

He looked perplexed when we walk inside. I smiled evilly at him, "This, Jake was a building full of life till a few months back. People were always running around here, but you drained out all the hustle bustle of this place. All the laughter and love was drained out the day these people, who made this company they’re everything were locked out." I spat.

"I didn't know…" He whispered more to himself then me.

"So, now you are officially in your own territory. Live here however you like. But, there is no water or electricity and because your meals are with us, you won't need to worry about the food, but I wouldn't trust the women to leave you alone. So, I suggest you don't eat in my house. But, it's up to you." 

I explained slyly.

He looked taken aback. Bet he wasn't expecting this. But this was just the first day with us. He would get used to be treated like an ass here.  Let the battle begin.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Ethan's POV:

I stood there, watching his retreating back and felt like the lowest piece of shit. I had hurt so many people. I would set it right, all of it. I turned towards the building and gingerly made my way in. It was like walking inside a soulless shell; empty and barren.

I called my right hand man immediately. "Restart all operations and ensure all those retrenched are called back and make sure they are treated right. Do it now. And restart the electric and water connections to the warehouse in Canada in his hometown now!"

I walked inside; alone and lonely. People take it to mean the same. But it isn't. I have been alone loads of times but never been this lonely ever. I always had love somewhere. But today, I had nothing, I feel both alone and lonely in this world. They say that money cannot buy you everything. Now I understood why..........

Money did not buy me my wife's love. Money did not buy me my daughter's loyalty. What it had honestly done was add fuel to my meaningless revenge. 

But I had always been a winner, and it was exactly what I intend to do. I promised myself, I would win their love, their respect no matter what I would have to face to do so.....

I tried to clean what little place I could and created a paper bed of so sort. I called my man again and asked him to arrange some furniture for me. Then I changed and got ready for my dinner.