Chapter 13: Moment Of Regret.

I awoke to the smell of breakfast cooking and the sounds of what sounded like a CNN News report playing on low volume on the t.v I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and headed towards the bathroom to have a quick shower and freshen up. I glanced at myself in the mirror for a minute and turned on my heels to run me a nice hot shower removing my clothes I shut the bathroom door and tested the water to make sure the temperature was just right and stepped in. The warm water hit my face and body in steady streams. The heat felt amazing to my aching body. I began washing the shampoo out of my hair when I heard an ear piercing scream followed by what sounded like heavy glass breaking and pots and pans falling to the ground. It startled me a bit "Lisa are you alright!" I shouted and waited for a response, when I didn't receive any, I quickly reached for the shower nozzle and turned the water off. The faucet squeaked to a low gurgle and then after I heard silence..deafening silence I dried of quickly got dressed and exited the bathroom "Lisa is everything ok I heard" I stopped cold in my tracks as I heard a low groaning coming from the kitchen "lisa?"  I cooed as I rounded the corner into the kitchen fear struck into my heart and I froze in my place. There laying on the kitchen floor was Lisa bleeding from her head and lower extremities "lisa!,lisa! Fuck!" I screamed she lay still on the floor her eyes filled with tears as she glanced up at me I ran over to her to check and see if she had any broken bones "I'm calling 911 stay with me baby stay with me!" I began to panic as I looked around the apartment I could see  where someone had forced their way into the front door busting the lock. Shards of glass lay strewn all over the carpet and kitchen floor, pots and pans lay haphazardly on the kitchen floor and the breakfast that she had been preparing earlier was now on the floor.

*911 Call*
911 Operator: "911 what's the address of your emergency?"

Me: "It's Winchester Luxury Apartments on Kay Road Apartment 340B" I said trying to keep the panic down in my voice.

911 operator: "OK and what is the nature of your situation do you need fire,police, or an ambulance?"

Me: "I need police and an ambulance I am an off duty officer with the LAPD officer Fallon _____ badge number 3476295."

911 Operator: "Ok officer what is the nature of your emergency we Will be sure to expedite assistance"

Me: "My friend Lisa is pregnant and I think some one broke into her apartment while I was in the shower she is on the floor in the kitchen bleeding please send assistance immediatley!"

911 Operator: "Ok help is on the way officer but I need to get a little more information from you. Is Lisa breathing?"

Me: "yes she is but her breathing is shallow."

911 Operator: "Is she fully conscious"

Me: "yes she seems to be she's looking at me but she's bleeding she's starting to go into convulsions please hurry up!!" I shouted as I tried my best to comfort Lisa she began screaming and reached for her stomach.

911 Operator: "how many months pregnant is she stay with her Fallon do not leave her just keep monitoring her breathing is she still convulsing?"