Chapter 17: I'm watching you

I had had just about enough of sleeping and laying around in bed half the day. I decided to get up and take a long hot shower my headache,neck and muscle aches were gone so I felt a little better. I gathered a few clean clothes nothing fancy just a pair of joggers. A batman t-shirt black socks and a pair of comfy house shoes since obviously I wasn't going anywhere per Lauren's strict orders. After my amazing shower, I quickly got dressed and made my way downstairs. As I passed Lauren's room I noticed that her door was slightly ajar (open) I peeked in but didn't see her anywhere that meant that she must be SOMEWHERE in the house.. but where? I made my way down to the kitchen I was starving by this time and Lauren saying that she would check on me went to the window or maybe she did check on me while I was asleep who knows.I glanced into the livingroom the t.v. was on but no one was there I then went to the kitchen no Lauren there either I heard my stomach growl and decided that a nice turkey sandwich with all the fixins would fill me up. I opened the fridge and took out the nessesary condiments,meat and cheese that I needed and began making a masterpiece. I was just adding the top bread to complete the sandwich when I heard a glass break down the hall. It startled me so I stood in silence for a moment "Lauren is that you?" I called out but no answer I brushed it off and began to cut into my sandwich then suddenly the sound of something being drug across the floor caught my attention. I peeked around the corner and but didn't see anything "lauren! Are you here?!" I shouted I waited and heard silence Nothing but silence I saw my duffle bag sitting under the table in the living room where I had placed it I quickly got to it unzipped the bag and pulled out my 9mm I loaded it and placed it inside of my jeans to conceal it. I walked quietly down the hallway and around the corner "lauren!" I shouted I heard another glass break and quickly removed my gun from under my shirt, cocked the clip. I quietly walked to the French doors get a view of the pool and I still saw no one "lauren!" I shouted again but again I got no answer suddenly I felt something hard hit me in back of my head everything went black.

To be continued..

So what do you think the noise was? Who was in the house? Where was lauren? Why wasn't she responding? Stay tuned for another chapter.