2. Shiny New Toy

Charlie's P.O.V.

Lunch. Finally. My other three classes were fairly uneventful. Either I knew no one in there and no one spoke to me, or Aiden was there but on the other side of the classroom.

"Charlie!" Someone calls out.

I turn to look. How could someone know my name?

There's a blonde girl waving her hands in the air wildly to get my attention. Or at least I think she's trying to get my attention.

I make my way through the tables with my tray until I'm standing next to her and a group of five or six guys and girls.

"It's Charlie, right? We have math together. I sit in the front so I didn't get the chance to catch you and introduce myself. I'm Aliss. Short for Allison but no one calls me Allison." The hyper girl says.

"Charlie." I introduce myself. I don't know why because it's obvious she already knows me.

"This is Pete, Cameron, Amber, Thalia, and Jackson."

Pete is a strong, seemingly nerdy guy. He's got glasses and probably abs. His blonde hair is short and looks super soft. He's got an amazing smile too.

Cameron and Jackson look a lot alike, brothers I assume. Both with dark brown hair and green eyes. Probably both football players due to their size.

Amber's blonde with her hair tied up in a pony tail. She's one of those girl's you assume is popular. Perfect fashion sense, pink lipstick kind of girl. Her eyes look like colored contacts due to their pink color. She's very pretty, but most likely very fake.

Thalia seems a lot like me. Small, quiet, light brown hair, head stuck in a book. Not much more to see.

Aliss, as I said before, has black hair, stunningly bright brown eyes and a huge smile.

"We wanted to know if you'd want to sit with us today." Amber speaks up.

"Yeah. That's why I called you over here." Aliss adds.

"Uh, sure. Thanks for the offer, not many people have been very friendly around here. You guys are the first aside from a guy named Aiden." I turn to Aliss. "He's in our math class, do you know him?"

They all go quiet and their smiles dim.

"We know him. Suggestion: stay away from him. He's an asshole with little regard for anyone aside from himself and his group." Jackson says when he realizes no one else is going to speak.

"Why did he speak to me then? He was fairly nice I'd say." I didn't like him much but he wasn't rude or anything.

"You're the new girl." Cameron replies.

"Fresh meat." Thalia adds.

"You're the new shiny toy. He's slept with almost every girl in this school, including myself. He's just looking for someone new to use and throw away like the rest of his willing victims." Aliss says and then goes quiet before adding, "If he's nice to you, he's only out to use you."

"Why does everyone let him do it then?" I mean, if he's so bad and everyone knows it, why do they let him.

"He's the bad boy and every girl thinks they can tame him. It's like every cliche book ever written. Good girl finds bad boy, falls for him, then tries to change him. Except this is reality, nobody takes the bad boys." Amber seems defeated as she speaks. "Not even me. I'm over him now, but it still hurt."

So overall Aiden is not liked by me. Note to self, never stop hating him. After all he's done to this group, he deserves to be hated by all.

"Onto a new subject, did you just move here?" Jackson asks.