24. You Put the F-U-N in Funeral

Date Published: 12 / 6 / 2018

Word Count: 2380

Charlie's P.O.V.

The fact that Aiden and I are going on a date tonight didn't really hit me until now. It's about an hour until when he said he'd pick me up- well, come to my door to get me considering we live together.

That's a weird statement. Aiden and I live together. I live with my soon to be boyfriend. I'm not even out of high school. Is this as weird as I'm making it out to be?

A knock at my door breaks me out of my thoughts. I stand and whip it open, hoping to god I hadn't gotten the time of our date wrong. To my relief, the opening reveals Aliss, Thalia, and Amber all with large grinning faces.

"Oh. My. Goddddddddd." Aliss practically screeches, "I cannot believe you're going on a date with Aiden. Like, the Aiden," She seems far more enthusiastic than me. Deep down, I'm excited, but on the outside, I'm fairly sure I look like I want to curl up in a ball and cry.

Aliss notices my scared expression and steps inside, pulling me into a hug, "Oh, Honey, you're going to have so much fun, don't worry."

"How am I ever going to be good enough to go on a date with him?"

"What on earth are you talking about?!" Thalia butts in, "He adores you! You two are perfect together! I mean with the way you stopped him from fighting like that- no one, and I mean no one but you could've done that!"

I scrunched my brows, "What are you talking about?"

She rolls her eyes, "Had it been anyone else who stepped in the way, he would've pummeled them. But he saw you, and his entire demeanor changed. He backed down because of you. He wouldn't have done that for someone he doesn't care about."

I considered that. She's probably right. If he didn't care about me, he actually wouldn't have even been in that fight in the first place. That fight was over me. I feel so stupid, he obviously cares for me.

I sigh, "You're right," After a pause, I spoke again, "Okay, so we only have an hour until the date," I looked to Aliss, knowing she was the one most excited, "Get me ready for a date with my dream guy!" I grinned at her, matching her original expression.

"Okay, so..." and with that, she rambled on and on about how she was going to get me ready and what we were going to do.

I was shoved into the bathroom seconds later, "Take a shower, don't dry your hair! I'm going to do your hair myself! We'll pick out your outfit! Hurry and don't forget to shave!" I just chuckled and did as I was told.

I wonder what he has planned. Will it be fancy?  Will it just be fun like an arcade or mini golf?

My mind runs with every possibility throughout the duration of my shower down to the very moment I leave the bathroom. I step into my room with a towel wrapped around my body. My bed, as well as part of the floor, is covered in different clothing.

I gasp, "What did you do to my room?!"

Exasperatedly, Amber replies, "You own nothing. There's nothing to work with here! What are we going to do?! Nothing here is worthy of a date! It's all like school clothing stuff!"

I ignore the insult to my taste in fashion, "There's really nothing you think I should wear?"

Aliss replies, "Absolutely nothing!"

I check my alarm clock for the time. Forty minutes till I have to leave.

An idea pops into my head, "Hold on! I have an idea!"