6. 110 MPH

Aiden's P.O.V.

"You should get that one!" Sammy jumps and points to a board in the corner. My eyes follow the direction his finger points to.

There's a complete setup of a skateboard with a rasta lion and a white background on it.

The part that surprises me is when Charlie pulls out a black leather wallet and asks the man behind the register for the board in the corner. Where the hell did she get that kind of money?

"SERIOUSLY?!" Sam looks so excited. "Can I try it?"

"Sure, but you've gotta ask your brother first." She smiles and exchanges money for the skateboard.

That's when I choose to make my apperance.

"Where'd you get the money for that?" I ask out of curiosity.

"You won't wanna know."

"Where?" I press.

"Stole it."

Wtf?! Stole it? No way. She's a goodie two shoes.

"Don't believe you."

"My dad forgets a lot of stuff because of how intoxicated he always is, so I took the $500 dollars off my counter one time and he had no idea. I steal from him so I can buy groceries and clothes. Hence why you're not buying me anything. I have my own money."

"Nope. I'm buying you stuff as I said I would. I'm practically forcing you to live with me to protect you so buying you nessecities is the least I can do."

"But-"

I cut her off, "nope. I am paying and you will not stop me."

"Ugh, fine."

I hope my mom is proud of me for all of this. I hope this is what she would do.

"Now go pick out some clothes." It comes out a bit harsh. She didn't do anything, so don't be so harsh. I calm down before looking back at her.

She stares at me inquisitively. "You're definitely bipolar." Then she walks to look at clothes.

Took you that long to figure out? I've had problems with everything since my mothers death. Depression, anger issues, bipolar disorder, ADHD. Everything. I'm on edge constantly, never calm, I constantly make impulsive, reckless decisions. I once got hospitalized when I got angry and was speeding down the highway at 110 MPH. I almost died. I flipped my car, totalling it and rolling it into a nearby lake. I shouldn't be alive.

My car hit the water after flipping three times. I somehow swam to the surface and a nearby person called an ambulance. I was in the hospital for three days. A few of my friends stayed at my house with Sammy so he wasn't alone and was surrounded by people he knew he could trust. I was unconcious for most of those three days. I few doctors said I would go into a coma and die that way. I got extremely lucky.

My wrist was the worst of it. It broke in multiple places and they had to go in and do surgery on it. It still hurts bad on a daily basis. I mean, it would've healed by now but I... You know what... Never mind.

"Aiden!" Charlie calls, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, Sweetheart?" That's another thing about Charlie. Sweetheart fits her so well. It has nothing to do with me liking her. It's not the equivalent to 'babe'. It's just her.

I think I'm overdoing the denying liking her.

But to be clear, one more time for those who don't know yet, I DONT LIKE HER I SWEAR.