10. I must not tell Lies

Charlie's P.O.V.

If you enjoy Harry Potter, read this next sentence in Umbridge's voice.

'I must not tell lies'.

Yet I keep lying.

Lie: He's not hot.

Truth: Damn

Get the picture?

My eyes flutter open and I soak in my unfamiliar surroundings. Unlike what you'd expect, there's no morning sunshine in the room. Is it still the middle of the night? A digital clock rests on the nightstand flashing the red geometric numbers, 7:30 AM. So it's not night.

A loud sound like an explosion echo's through the room and a flash of light illuminates everything. When it's gone, the only light left shines dimly from Aiden's television. Must be a pretty big storm to dull all morning light.

I attempt to crane my neck to look at my makeshift pillow. He's resting in an odd position, looking rather uncomfortable. Surprisingly, he never let go of me throughout the night. I assume had he meant to fall asleep, he would've gotten a little more comfy first, so he probably fell asleep while playing his game.

I try to wriggle out of his grasp without waking him but fail, "Where are you going?" His voice is tired and husky as his eyes open slightly, "Back to your room?"

"No, I was just going to move you so you were laying down. You looked extremely uncomfortable." I say honestly.

"Oh, okay." He clumsily moves to pull back the comforter and lay down.

He then gestures for me to join him.

Something in me tries to make me say no and that I should go back to my room, probably for the better, but I don't listen. I slip under the covers and begin to get comfortable when he pulls me to him. With my back against his chest, he buries his face into my neck, leaving a delicate kiss before falling back asleep.

The kiss was sweet, sort of as if to say sweet dreams. It left shivers down my spine despite the warmth from being so close to Aiden.

I drift in and out of sleep for a few minutes before I'm out like a light.

The next time I wake up, I open my eyes to see Aiden back to playing the same game as last night.

"Morning, Sweetheart." He acknowledges my awakening but doesn't look at me because he's concentrating on the flashing screen.

The room is still dark, but a bit brighter than before. The storm makes itself known once again with another crash.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask him, trying to take the sleepiness out of my voice.

"An hour or so."

I look to the clock again, the red numbers now flashing 10:30 AM.

"Why didn't you wake me? I could've gotten out of your hair so you didn't have to deal with me anymore and you could have your bed back." I begin to get up.

"What are you talking about? I enjoy the company." He pauses his game to look at me. "I got a call from Halley, the girl Sam is staying with, she said she wants to keep him there another night because they're having fun together. So it's just you and me today. I figured we could stay around here for a while and see if the weather clears up later, then maybe get out of the house."

I just sit up instead of leaving the room. "I don't care, it's up to you." I say in response.

Aiden starts his game again, continuing the conversation while playing. "You saw the guy's I was with at the game yesterday, right?" His eyes flicker quickly, concentrating on his violet car racing next to a white one.