.5

George.

I sat on the couch. I sighed, then it led to a groan. "Did I actually sleep with that many girls?"

Adam nodded. "OF COURSE YOU DID! YOU ALSO TOYED WITH MY SISTER'S HEART." He smacked his hands over his mouth.

"Your what?!" I sat up and shouted.

Matty started to laugh. "You fucked with Adam's little sister."

"She's not really my sister. We grew up together and are really close. I took her under my wing and my parents eventually adopted her because her parents couldn't take care of her anymore. She has trust issues, that's why. She trusted us four, mainly me and George. But now I guess it's just me because George is a fucking idiot. I vowed to take care of her. I think I failed after this thing. Thanks." Adam rarely got pissed off.

"Adam..I didn't know she was your sister."

"So if she weren't you wouldn't feel sorry? Women are not tools George." Adam snarled at me.

"I know!"

"Then start treating them like equal human beings." Adam walked away and I just sat there shocked. He never snaps. Him and Ross are the chillest and quietest people in this house.

"I need to find my wallet." I went to my room and threw everything around. I grabbed it from the floor and went out. I didn't tell Matty or Ross where I was going. I sure as hell wasn't going to tell Adam.

I made my way downtown to a store that had flowers. I needed to do this. I grabbed a random bouquet and paid quickly. I sighed as I looked at them outside. I wish I actually gave a fuck when I could have.

I grasped the bouquet tightly and tried to straighten myself up before I reached her place. I heard Adam talking to Matty about where she's staying. 'Apartment 521.' I kept repeating to myself.

My heart kept skipping a beat with each step I took. Then, I was at her door.

I knocked lightly, and soon heard her cursing. "He- George." She rolled her eyes. She tried to shut the door but I stuck my foot between the door and my hand on it as well.

"Hear me out."

"Why?" She opened her door more and crossed her arms.

"May I come in and tell you?"

"I suppose." I went in and handed her the flowers. She took them, and soon smiled. It was a warm gentle type smile.

"I didn't know I slept with those girls." She gave me a disgusted look. "I was either stoned out of my right mind, or drunk off my ass."

"Or both." She laughed lightly and shrugged.

"That is possible."

"Go on.." She was listening intensely.

"I know you hate me. You made that very clear back at my place." I took a deep breath because I want to just kiss her right now. I wish I could wrap my arms around her now and pull her in to close up the space between us. I want to brush the hair out of her face. I want to smile down at her, then kiss her. She hates me, and that's the only thing standing between me and her lips right now.

"I want to tell you how much you mean to me and that I never stopped to think. I should've. I could've given a fuck way back when, but I played with your heart. I know you can't trust me again. I just wished you would."

"George."

"I'm not done...I love you. I fucking love you and your laugh and your smile. I miss you. I miss you hugging me from behind in the mornings when I woke up and stood in the mirror. I miss you messing with my hair while I was trying to fall asleep. I miss you hugging onto me when it storms. You are my rock and always will be. I miss you being by my side. Please, just one more chance. That's all I need to prove to you that I love you and would do anything for you."

"Can I have a little time?"

"Take all the time you need." I smiled. She sat there for a second, and then scooted closer.

She wrapped her arms around me, and I did the same to her. "I would've been a depressed mess if you didn't come over and tell me this." She buried her face in my neck.

"I'm glad I did. Adam gave me an earful and I'm taking that advice."

"Good." She smiled when she pulled away slightly.

"I'm doing my best to cut down my drinking."

"You deserve to live a full live without having to get hammered everyday."

"I know.." I half smiled and looked her in the eyes.

"When do you think things could go back to normal?"

"Whenever you want them to."

"I wish none of this ever happened. I miss you like crazy." She started to cry.

"I wish the same thing." I wrapped my arms around her again, cautiously.

"Um, I think..I think you should leave now." She wiped under her eye.

"Yeah." I nodded and stood up.

"Keep in touch?"

"Of course." I nodded and left.

I walked home, and as soon as I entered, Adam slams me with questions.

"Where were you? Did you go see Cassie? What happened? Are you stupid?"

"I apologized if you were wondering." I grumbled and went to my room. I locked the door and stripped down to my boxers. I laid there and looked at the ceiling. It was 8:44PM. Too early to go to sleep, but I was tired. Tired of living like this and wanting to have Cassie back in my arms. I loved her too much to let her go.

My vision got blurry as I looked at the ceiling. I wiped my eyes and realized I was crying.

I took a deep breath and had many flashbacks on memories we shared. I heard thunder and remembered that Cassie hated storms.

My mind started to race. I grabbed my pants and put them on. I looked around and grabbed a hoodie and threw it on. I slipped socks and shoes on.

"I need to go out." I grabbed the car keys and grabbed another one of my hoodies. I tossed it in the passenger seat.

I started but the old car and drove to Cassie's.