.18

George

"I want her back and I'm willing to change and do whatever the hell I have to in order to get her back from the saxophone playing d-"

"Watch it." Ross glared at me. "She seems happy with John."

"She looks miserable." I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you want her back?" Adam asked me while prying a glass out of Matty's hand.

"Because I love her. I'm ready to change and be more mature for her."

"Get a job first." Adam returned from the kitchen and handed me a newspaper. "New job listings every day mate."

"Thanks." I shrugged and looked through them.

"Buy me a little more booze with your first paycheck."

"You get a job and buy your own." I walked by and swatted Matty's head with the paper.

"Twat!?" He called after me.

"Whatever." I shut my bedroom door and started circling places. I was determined to get my girl back.

George: hey are you free to meet sometime?

Cassie: umm, yeah, why?

George: I wanna talk to you. See you.

Cassie: you know I'm with John right? Well I mean.."with".

George: huh?

Cassie: he doesn't want to claim me really anymore. I feel like I'm a waste here but oh well.

George: why are you putting yourself in that situation then?

Cassie: I guess I like the thought of having someone.

George: come back to me then. You'll have someone who wants you, won't make you feel like a waste, and will claim you. Please.

Cassie: Georgie..

George: Please!! I'm making myself more mature and I'm changing. I gonna get a job here very soon and I'm going to start working for a place and a car and I want to share all of this with you, my love.

Cassie: I dont know George.

George: let's make a deal.

Cassie: tell me.

George: I get this job, we meet after my first week of working, and you have your time to think about coming back. Deal?

Cassie: will you really change?

George: Cassie, you're all I think about. I want you back so badly. I'm doing all of this for you. Only you.

Cassie: you have a deal Georgie. I gotta go, John's home.

George: you're amazing, love.

Cassie: I try. Let me know when you get a job.

I smiled at my phone and locked it. I was early enough for me to go apply to places and see where that gets me. "Hey Adam?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think you can drive me to a few places to apply?"

"Can you get Ross to do it please? If not I'll take you! I'm just on the phone right now."

I nodded to myself and went to Ross. "Yeah mate, let me put some shoes on."

"Thank you!"

We got into the car and drove around.

I ended up applying at a grocery store, a gas station, and a hotel as a front desk boy or what you'd want to call it.

As I turned in the application for the grocery store, the manager came out and looked me up and down.

"Are you free for an interview now?"

"Umm, sure." I nodded and followed him into his office.

After about ten minutes and a few good laughs, I received the job. "Thank you sir!"

"What took you so long?" Ross joked.

"Got an interview and hired on the spot."

"When do you start?"

"Wednesday." I smiled

George: got a job.

Cassie: oh my god! Where?

George; grocery store, no big deal.

Cassie: I'm very happy for you. I'm proud. When do you start?

George: Wednesday.

Cassie: so we meet the following Wednesday, my love.

George: my love!?

Cassie: I have faith in you. Don't make me regret it Georgie.

George: I won't, beautiful.

Ross pulled up to the house and we got out to tell Adam the news.

"Really?! This is amazing! Cassie will be thrilled."

"Her and I have a deal. I've already talked to her."

"What's that?"

"I work for a week and we meet, then she'll have all this time to think about how she wants to live and be treated."

"What do you think she'll do?"

"I don't know but all I know is that I want her back so badly and I'm willing to break every bone for her because I miss her and love her so much. I just want her."

"Damn, so you better make an impression George."

"I plan on it."

Hey, it's been almost THREE YEARS since I last wrote in this book...I might have a plan for this book!