.13

George

I helped Cassie get into my room and asked if she needed anything.

"No, but thank you." She smiled.

"Okay. Do you want me to go pack some of your things from your place? I don't want you to be there alone.."

"Umm. I guess. Sure." She just gave me a small smile.

"I will be back soon." I ran out of the house and drove to Cassie's place. I still had an extra key in my pocket and used it.

I looked around her house for a bag for her clothes. I found a mini suitcase and filled it up with some clothes, two pairs of shoes, and her phone charger.

I zipped it up, and then saw a picture of us on her dresser. I looked at it and picked it up. I saw a note underneath it.

I hate doing these things, but I read it.

Dear George;

I'm scared to fall in love with you again. I hate feeling this way. You were probably one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. Sometimes you have to let things and/or people you love behind. I hate knowing one day you may leave me for a much prettier, smarter, and wealthier girl. But if you're happy with her, then I'll be happy for you.

Love You,
Cassie

I don't know how to feel. I just put it back the way it was and walked out to my car.

I went into my place and straight to my bedroom.

"Hey." I smiled, trying to put that note behind me.

"Hey." She looked over at me.

"I really like you."

"I thought you'd say you'd love me. Are you..?"

"No!"

"Why would you change it all of a sudden?" She shifted in her position.

"You've told me before you were scared and I wanted to try to take it slow."

"But..I think I love you." She stared off, then looked up at me. "George. I swear if you read that note on my dresser."

"I..yes I did."

"I can't believe you! You went through my stuff!"

"I'm sorry."

"No. That doesn't matter right now."

"Cassie. If you're scared you can talk to me. We can take it slower."

"I just want to go home."

"No!" I slightly raised my voice. "Please stay and let me take care of you."

"George I'm fine."

"You just got out of the hospital. You've been in a coma since forever ago."

"Fine." She rolled her eyes. "At least lay with me." I couldn't pass that up.

She took her shoes and jacket off. I did the same.

I got under the blankets and covered her as well. I pulled her in close. "I'm sorry." I rubbed circles in her back.

"I can't stay mad at you. You know this, right?" She let out a small laugh.

"I'm George. Who can?"

"I'm trying."

"George?"

"Yeah?" I looked down at her.

"Have you found anyone new? Like..someone you liked?"

"Yeah.."

"What's she like?"

"Well she has long brown hair. It's beautiful and wavy. She has the most beautiful brown eyes. She has a cute laugh. She even has dimples."

"What's her name?" I could tell Cassie was a little upset.

"Her name is Cassandra, but I call her Cassie. Even CassyCat when we were a couple."

"I'm being serious. Have you found anyone else?"

"I haven't been looking. I don't want to look for anyone else. I only want you."

"What if I found someone?"