.16

Cassie

"What did you need?" I asked as I handed him a cup of water.

"I feel like you and I are drifting."

"I thought we had made this clear."

"Made what clear?" He looked up at me.

"We weren't...together anymore." That pained my to say. His expression was worse.

"Is there anything I can do? I promise you I can change. I will do anything. I love you." He sat the cup down and looked me in the eyes. I saw the pain in his eyes.

"One of these days..you're going to find a girl who will love you no matter what. Not saying I never did or that I will ever stop loving you, but I need to move on. A lot of bullshit happened and I want to remove that from my life. I'm becoming a happier person now! You should try to find a girl for you. Or boy if you like that. I'm not judging."

"Cassie."

"George."

We talked for a few more minutes until George ended up getting mad and cried a little. He just got up and left.

I paced around my house waiting for John after that. My mind wondered. I heard a soft knock and saw it was two minutes after 7pm.

"Hello beautiful." John smiled when I opened the door.

"Hello handsome." I smirked. I locked my door and we went to the party.

The atmosphere change drastically. It went from calm to tense and odd. John and I went to sit at the bar.

He ordered a beer and I got a water.

"So George came and wanted to talk today."

"Wait, so he came to your place?"

"Yeah. I mean I heard him out. He wants to make things work between him and I. I told him I'm wanting to move forward. He thinks if he says he can change and lure me back, I'll go back to him." I shook my head and took a drink of my water.

"What did he say?"

"He got upset."

"He was in love with you. I work with Ross and Ross would tell me about you were all he talks about."

"Yeah. I'm just ready to move on. It's been way too much trouble with him and everything."

"Not trying to seem selfish, but I see a future with just you in it." John smiled. My cheeks turn red. "Why are you so cute?!" He laughed a little.

"I've been asked that my whole life."

"Well you're adorable."

"Thank you." I looked down and smiled.

"I have a question."

"I might have an answer."

"Would you want to go on a date with me sometime?"

"I think you're already drunk.."

"I'm being serious. I want to get to know you better and I want to know you for you."

"I..I'd like that."

John ended up getting a little bit drunk and wanted to crash at my place. I was cool with it.

"We should sleep in the same bed."

"I don't want to smell like beer." I laughed little while standing in front of John, pulling on his hand.

"Pleeeeeeease? You can't not want cuddles." My cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Told you!"

"Fine." I smiled and we changed into comfortable clothes. He just went to his boxers.  I has a cheap, thin sweater and pajama shorts on.

"You're very pretty." John smiled.

"You're drunk." I laughed and lightly drew things on his chest. I felt him take my hand in his grasp. He brought it up to his mouth and kissed the back of my hand. "What was that for?"

He didn't say anything, but he did kiss the top of my head. I just rested my head on his chest and cuddled him more.

He murmured things like "you need to be loved the way you deserve." "I want to be the one to take care of you." This boy needs to not. I don't want to fall in love this fast.