.15

Cassie

I walked into the cafe and found a table to wait at. I was only there for a moment until John walked in.

"Hey there." He smiled and sat down across from there.

"Hey."

I feel like John and I are really close at this point. We've hung out together for almost a year now. I have a feeling George would hate me and John if he knew.

Usually this cafe isn't busy this early, so when the door opens, it's always a surprise.

John and I enjoyed a cup of coffee and talked about our lives.

"So there's this party that I really want you to attend with me.."

"Where is it?"

"It's a few blocks away. A few streets from my place."

"Uhh, sure! What time?"

"I will pick you up at seven, my lady."

"Okay, I don't think we're at that stage yet."

"Are you still with George? I'm sorry..I didn't know."

"No! It's just..I feel as if him and I are drifting apart. He's doing everything he can! I love that about him. He's such a sweet guy, and he never left my side while I was in the hospital. That is until Adam made him leave."

"Oh."

"Some day, he's going to find a girl who will love every aspect of him. Not saying that I didn't. He just was..a little too into alcohol and smoking for me. I didn't want to change him. I wanted to help him, but I didn't know how. So I just got my things, got a job, found my own place, and started a new chapter."

"I remember when we met and you were going through those stages of wanting to help him."

"It was awful." I laughed lightly and put my face in my hands. "I'm sorry you had to see me like that."

"No, I was glad I could help you and pick up some of the pieces." The door opened, causing the chimes to ring. We looked over and saw Matty and George standing there, about to order, from what we believe to be, some coffees.

"Okay so tell me more about this 'party'." I smiled at John.

"It's just an average party. Drinking, smoking, people, basically full of things you don't necessarily like! I just thought you'd want to get out and clear your head. I would love to take you out and help with that."

"I really appreciate that. Should we get out of here and go downtown and shop? I think I could use a new outfit and you're a rather stylish man yourself."

"Let's go then." We get over to the counter after cleaning our place up, and George sees us.

"Hey.." He slightly smiled and looked away awkwardly.

"Hey Cassie!" Matty turned and smiled.

"Hey Matty..George." I smiled and followed after John.

John wrapped an arm around my shoulder as we walked down the street.

I feel like I know what John is going to do tonight. Get drunk, have me take him home or to my place, and he'll get sappy and soon ask me out. I'm not complaining.

"So what were you thinking about wearing?"

"Let's look around..here!" I had no clue, so why not just look around?

I ended up getting a causal outfit with black skinnies, flats, and a camo shirt.

John had walked me home at around noon

John had walked me home at around noon. "So I will see you tonight." He smiled.

"At seven." I smiled back at him.

"Till then." He lightly laughed and turned to leave.

"Wait." I debated on doing this.

"What?" He turned around with an amused look on his face.

I took a step out of my place and lightly pressed my lips against his. "I'll see you tonight."

He looked shocked. "Tonight." He slowly came back to earth and went on his way.

/////

I raced around trying to get ready, and kept falling all over the place. Falling while putting a shoe on. Falling while checking the time. Hell, falling when trying to put lipstick on.

I'm trying to have an amazing night because I really like John. I'm trying to move on. John is good to me and for me.

I heard a knock at my door. I knew it was John. I checked the time though, 6:02pm. He's way too early. I was ready though.

"Hel- George.."

"Can we talk?"