.9

George

I walked around the room. She kept the old shirt of mine that I gave her. There was a pair of leggings underneath. I saw her bills she was going to pay and a list of necessities.

"Fuck." I muttered and ran out of the house as fast as I could. I mean, my toe clashed with the table, so that was great.

"Cassie!" I stood on the front porch, bare foot, and saw her car was gone. "Great. Best boyfri- best guy award goes to me for not catching her sooner."

I looked up the street and saw her car. I watched and soon saw a car slam into her side.

I took off running. Through the snow with no shoes on. I don't care about that right now. My feet and legs started to feel numb. I just stared straight ahead.

"Cassie." I mumbled before dropping my head in shame. I pulled my phone out to call an ambulance but someone had already done that. I dialed Adam's number.

"Hey? Everything cool over there?"

"No. I need you to come over here." I choked on my words.

"Matty's taking a nap so I'll be over soon. Ross just got home."

"Okay. Tell him I said hi I guess." I hung up and went back to the house to put my coat and shoes on.

I walked up the street and stood there as they got the bodies out of their cars.

My heart shattered when I saw Cassie.

Adam: where are you?
George: come up the street.
Adam: holy shit, what happened?
George: Cassie was involved in this.

Adam ran and caught a glance of her. "I can't take this." I used my right hand to cover my eyes. I didn't want anyone to know I was crying.

"Excuse me, do anything of you know the victims?" A police officer asked the crowd.

"We do." Adam pulled up me to the man with him.

"You two will need to be questioned, but we'll do that in a conference room at the hospital."

"Okay. We'll be there."

"Just wait in the emergency room waiting room."

"Will do." Adam ran while I walked slow as hell to his car. "Cmon!" He shouted.

I had Cassie's bills and list in my hand. "I need to lock her door." I went in and got her spare key and locked her door.

"Let's go." Adam sighed as I buckled up.

"I saw it Adam."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I saw the car smash into her. This must be a freaky dream. Please tell me it is Adam?"

"Wish I could." I slumped in the seat and closed my eyes.

I didn't want to go to the hospital. I don't like hospitals. They scare me. That sounds childish but people die. I don't want Cassie to die. She's my life.

But I might not be hers.