.14

George

I felt mixed emotions. I felt angry that she's been leading me on. I feel devastated because she might not be mine anymore.

"What do you mean by that?" I mumbled.

"I mean, what if I found someone else?" She looked up at me. "What if we're not right for each other anymore?"

"Then how can I fix it? I don't want to lose you."

"I don't know if there's anything to fix." She got up and started to put her shoes and jacket on.

"Cassie.." I sat up.

"George, I need to be on my own." She got up and went to Adam's room. I stood in the hallway and listened to them.

"Yeah, I'll take you home." Adam put his coat on and he walked out with Cassie behind him.

I felt like a dick being completely honest. I found myself walking into Matty's room and laying on my stomach on his bed. He sat on the floor, back to the bed.

"What are you drinking tonight?"

"Just wine." He shrugged and turned his attention back to his notebook of scribbles.

"Mind pouring me a glass?" He shook his head and pour me some wine in an extra cup and handed it to me.

"Why are you wanting to drink tonight? Don't you have Cassie here?"

"She left." I bit the inside of my cheek. "Do you think her and I are right for each other?"

"Wait wait wait, did she tell you she thinks you two aren't right?"

"Yeah."

"Not gonna lie, I think you're better off without her."

"Are you saying that because I'm your best friend and you want me single so we can go out together or..?"

"That and..she's hung out with another guy. This was even when she lived here."

"Who? Do you know him?"

"Ross does." I finished the wine and sat the glass down on Matty's table.

"Thank you."

"Welcome." He went back to his notebook.

"Adam?" I found Adam in the kitchen starting dinner for us all.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Ross?"

"Either...at work or in his room, why?"

"Do you know who Cassie was hanging out with? Even when she lived with us."

"She only hung out here and when she went out there were two people. I don't know their names though."

"Thanks."

"Ross?" I cracked the door and Ross told me to come in.

"What do you need?" He looked over at me, smiled, then went back to putting his clothes up.

"What's the name of the guy Cassie hung out with when she lived here?"

"Oh, John!"

"John?"

"John Waugh. He works with me."

"Oh, okay..does she hang out with anyone else I don't know?"

"This girl named Gabby. She's really nice."

"Okay. I just..Cassie and I got into an argument and Matty told me about..John?"

"Yeah.." He nodded.

"Thanks.." I looked down, then started to walk out.

"Umm, George?"

"Yeah?"

"John likes Cassie. I think he really likes her. I also think she likes him."

"I didn't need to know that, but thank you."

"Just thought you would want to know for anything that comes up."

"Okay." I walked out and went back to Matty's room.

"Wanna go out tonight?"

"Yeah." Matty put his notebook aside and walked behind me.

"We'll be out!" Matty smiled and waved to Adam as we walked out.