Chapter 3. No One Gets Left Behind

"Come on!", Clarke whisper as the five of us run through the forest, away from whatever killed Jasper.

"What if he's still alive?", I ask looking back towards the river.

"He got a spear thrown into his chest. He sounds pretty dead to me", Finn says and I roll my eyes.

But before I could respond, Monty trips and falls to the ground. "Monty!", Octavia says and we run to him.

"Come on we gotta go", Finn says as him and Octavia help him up.

I see Monty staring at something on the ground by his feet, I look down as well and it's a skeleton! "Yeah we should go. Now!", I suggest.

"Who are they?", Finn asks as Monty regains his balance.

Clarke then picks up a skeleton head and shows us. It's quite oddly shaped, doesn't look human if you ask me. "What are they?", She corrects Finn.

"We are so screwed", Octavia says and I agree.

Whoever these people are, they don't seem to like visitors. They've made it pretty freakin clear with their skeletons everywhere and then killing Jasper. Then a horrid scream fills the air and Clarke drops the skeleton head. "Jasper! He's still alive!", I say recognizing his voice, and I start to run back to the river where we saw him last.

"Payton we can't just go back! The people who killed Jasper could still be there!", Clarke shouts but I keep running.

"They didn't kill him. He's still alive. We have to get him", I point out as they catch up to me.

I don't plan of leaving Jasper behind. I for sure, would want my friends to come back for me. "Wait stay in the trees", Finn says pushing Clarke to the ground and we all do so as well.

I look over to where Jasper was, and he's gone! He's missing. "He was right there!", Finn says realizing he's missing too.

"Where is he?", Monty asks and I can hear the panic in his voice.

This is not good. And I'm not leaving without Jasper. We all look around for Jasper but he's no where in sight. "They took him", I realize, it's the only logical explanation.

I stand up but Finn pulls me back down. "What do you think you're doing?", He asks.

"Going to get Jasper", I deadpan and try to stand back up, but only to be pulled back down.

"No, it's too dangerous.", He says and I roll my eyes.

"Finn's right", Clarke says and I roll my eyes again, "we need to go back to the drop ship, tell everyone. We need to protect ourselves now", she says.

"We can't just leave him", I point out.

"We'll come back for him", Clarke says.

We get back to the drop ship and we arrive to see Wells with Murphy in a choke hold, both with knives in their hands. "Wells!", Clarke shouts and they all look over at us, "let him go", she says.

He forcefully lets him go and Murphy tries to go after Wells but Bellamy stops him. "Enough", he says then looks at Octavia and runs over to her.