Chapter 6. Slay Your Demons

I've added a trailer to the first part of this book so if you're interested you can go check it out. I'll also put the link to the trailer at the end of this chapter.

Last night's sleep was the best sleep I've gotten since we've been here. For once I was able to somewhat relax and not have to worry about anything. Come to think of it, I haven't had that feeling for a long time. I actually forgot how nice it felt to not have to worry about anything.

Every since my parents died I've alway had this uneasy feeling, like something bad is going to happen. I've never got a good nights rest since then. Being in prison didn't help either. The thought of losing someone close to me is ever present in my mind. I try to push it aside, but I always finds way back to my head.

People are working on building the walls around the drop ship and other shelters while Murphy is just standing back, thinking he's in charge.

I roll my eyes and see Finn standing just outside the walls by the graves and Clarke walking away.

Weird.

I walk up to him and look back at Clarke who has now gone into the drop ship. "What happened?", I ask.

"She found out it was her mom who turned in her dad", he says and I get it now.

I do feel really bad, but she deserved to know. For a year or so she though it was Wells and she hated him for it. "You told her?", I ask and he shakes his head.

"Not exactly", he says and I'm not sure if I understand, "I figured she'd put the pieces together, she talked to Wells about it."

Speaking of Wells, I haven't seen him today. "Where is Wells?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulders.

"I'm going to go look for him", I say and we go our own ways.

I don't know why but I have a weird feeling in the bottom of my stomach. I don't know what it means, but I suspect it's not good. I didn't see Wells in the drop ship or around it so he must be outside. I walk around outside the camp walls and I suddenly bump into someone causing me to loose my balance and I fall to the ground. "Payton oh my gosh I'm sorry", Jasper says but I all I can focus on is what's lying just a few inches from my face. A knife and a two cut off fingers.

My eyes go wide and all I can do it stare. What the hell? I can feel myself shaking a little and someone grabs me and helps me up. I look over and it's Octavia. "T-thanks", is all I manage to get out and she nods.

The no stress or problems feeling has officially gone away. It was nice while it lasted I guess. Octavia bends down and looks at the fingers and knife, getting a little closer than I personally would. "We should bring this to Bellamy", she suggests and Jasper and I both nod our heads.

We made it to Bellamy's tent with the fingers and knife without anyone seeing thankfully.

Wells is dead.... He was a good guy. His dad, not so much. But he was always compared to him so people, especially the prisoners, assumed he was a bad guy. Which he wasn't. He deserved better. Much better than this. "This knife was made of out of metal from the drop ship",Clarke says inspecting it.