Chapter 9. A Step Into Hell

"Payton, have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy asks barging into my tent.

"I could have been naked, knock" I point out and he rolls his eyes.

"It's a tent I can't knock and— whatever have you seen Octavia?" He asks again and I shake my head.

"No, she's probably chasing butterflies or something" I say rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

"I've checked the whole camp, she's not here" he says and I take a deep breath and stand up.

I know Bellamy is worried about her, I know how he always looks out for her and all that. Sometimes I think it's good, other times not so good. "I'll help you look for her" I say grabbing my jacket and stepping out of the tent.

"You check the drop ship again and I'll check the tents again" I say and he nods.

"Hey" he says I turn back to face him.

"Thank you" he says and I nod and walk off to the other tents.

I searched around camp and all the tents twice and I still couldn't find Octavia. Basically everyone's up now. I guess that's good though, we need all the help we can get to find Octavia. "Did you find her?" Bellamy asks walking up to me and I shake my head.

"No, I searched everywhere twice" I say and I know he's going out of his mind right now.

"Get everyone gathered" he says walking off and I do so.

"Hey what's happening?" Clarke asks walking up beside me.

"Octavia's missing and Bellamy is freaking out" I answer.

I then see Bellamy walk up and drop a bag on the ground. "Everyone grab a weapon. My sister's been out there for twelve hours, arm up. We're not coming back without her" he says and I reach down and grab a weird sword type weapon.

Swords aren't really my thing. I'm better with a bow and arrow. I might have done archery back at the ark. It was dumb, but my mom wanted me to do something productive while her and my dad were at work. But since there are no bow and arrows here, I will have to settle with a sword.

"We need all the people we can get" I hear and see Bellamy talking to Clarke and Jasper.

I know this is about Jasper leaving camp. Yes he got speared last time he was out, but Bellamy's right. We need all the people we can get.

"We need a tracker" Bellamy says and I point to the tent Raven and Finn are in and Bellamy calls for Finn.

"Guys come here!" Someone says and we all gather around.

"It's so bright" someone says pointing to the sky.

I look up and I can feel my heart break. Everyone's fascinated by theses lights falling from the sky, but I'm not. And I know they wouldn't be either, if they knew what they were.

"They didn't work" Raven says walking up, "they didn't see the flares."

"A meteor shower tells you that?" Bellamy asks and I shake my head.

"That's not a meteor shower. It's a funeral" I say.

"Hundreds of bodies being retuned to the earth from the ark. This is what it looks like from the other side" Clarke adds.