Chapter 10. Grounders In The Trees

We've walked though the night and still no sign of Octavia. It's now light and I have a feeling Finn doesn't know what he's doing anymore. We're kind of just, wondering.

"I got nothing. We lost the trail" Finn says and I take a deep breath.

I was right. We don't know where we're going now. She could be anywhere. I'd really like to sit down for maybe a second because my feet hurt, but I know Bellamy is not going to wait up and I don't feel like being left behind.

"Keep looking" Bellamy says, and I know he won't stop until he finds her.

"Wondering aimlessly won't help find your sister, we should back track—", "I'm not going back" Bellamy cuts Finn off.

"Hey, where's John?" Roma asks and we all look around, and she's right. He's gone.

"I saw him a second ago" Jasper says and so did I.

"Spread out, he couldn't have gone that far" Bellamy says.

Why would he even want to leave the group? I take a step forward and a body falls from the trees right in front of me!

I look down and it's John! His neck is cut and he's obviously dead. "Oh my god" I whisper and look up at the tree next to me.

"They use the trees" Finn says and we all look up, trying to see whoever is here.

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary" Digs says and I'm starting to think that too.

"Now can we go back?" Roma asks, and as much as I'd like to, we shouldn't.

"There!" Jasper says pointing over to the right.

I look over and it's a grounder! "Another one" Digs says and I see another too! They're surrounding us.

"We should run" Finn says and we all start running for our lives, literally. I don't think these guys are here to invite us to a party if you know what I mean.

I look to my left and see a grounder not too far from me, running parallel to me! "Come on!" I shout.

They keep cutting us off so we have only one way to go. "I can't run much longer" I hear Jasper say and I stop running, along with the others.

Except Digs. He keeps running without us. Roma then runs after him and we all chase after them.

The two second break was nice while it lasted I guess. I hear a scream and see Roma run off.

I look to see Digs, stabbed by a blade attached to a wooden plank. I look around and see a trip wire on the ground. "Trip wires" I say and they all look down to the ground.

Looks like we'll have to be extra careful while running now. "They're leading us here" Jasper says, "it's the only direction we can run."

"Where'd they go?" Finn asks looking around. And he's right. They're gone.

"After Roma" Bellamy says and we start running again.

Honestly this is the most running I've done in my entire life. "Where'd she go?" Jasper asks and we've now thankfully slowed down to a brisk walk.

"There she is" I say walking up beside Finn.

Seems leaning against a tree, which is a little weird. Maybe she's trying to hide.

Bellamy walks towards her and we all follow. I walk around the tree and see a spear lodged in her chest. She's definitely dead, it looks like it struck her heart.