Chapter 18. Too Good To Be True

It's been two days. Two days since the bomb went off and there's been no sign of grounders attacking. It should relieve me, but it doesn't. It scares me. Why? Because it means they're preparing, getting stronger, and angrier for the attack that's soon to come.

It has also been two days of sneaking out of the camp with Bellamy. We haven't made anything official, but I'm not worried about that.

I pick up cloths off the floor of the drop ship and throw them in the bin. I never thought I'd kiss Bellamy. If you were to tell me back at the ark, I would think you're insane. But every time I'm with him, when his lips are on mine, it feels right. His lips fit perfectly with mine and it's different. It's different than any other guy I've kissed. Not that I've kissed many guys and— but I get knocked out of my thoughts and I'm on the ground.

I look back and see I tripped on a crate of food. "You okay?" I hear and I look up and see Murphy standing in front of me.

He extends his hand down towards me and I take it and he pulls me up, "yeah, thanks" I smile and he gives a small smile back.

"No problem" he says and picks up a blanket and rolls it up and puts it the bin with the others.

"Thank you" I say out loud and he looks back at me.

"I heard you Payton. You're welcome" he says and I turn towards him.

"No, not for helping me up" I say, "for helping everyone when they were sick, helping out around here, the camp, just everything recently."

"Thank you for actually letting me back in camp" he smiles.

"For the record. I like this Murphy way better" I say and I walk out of the drop ship to check on the guard.

"Everything good?" I ask Millar and he nods, "there's been nothing for the past two days" he says, sounding surprised.

"Take that as a good thing. Makes your job way easier" I say and he laughs.

"What's your job? Sneaking out and making out with Bellamy?" He laughs.

What! He knows? "W- what? No! I- I don't know what you're talking about... at all. Why? Why would you think that?" I say, trying to cover up. But then again, I sucks at that so.

"I'm not stupid Payton" he reminds me, "I get it. You're both just extremely extremely stressed out and sexually frustrated" he says and I hit him on the back of his head.

"I swear to god I'll kill you" I say and he laughs and puts his hands up, "sure you will" he says and I roll my eyes.

"But actually" he says and it's like he changed emotions in half a second.

"He never shuts up about you" he says and I raise an eyebrow, "yeah. On shift he just talks non stop about you and blah blah blah" he says and I laugh.

"Seriously though" he says, "he's always like 'her eyes are gorgeous, her laugh is my life source' yada yada ya, sappy stuff" he says and I laugh again.

As if Bellamy of all people would say that, "we're talking about the same Bellamy?" I ask, "Bellamy stubborn ass Blake?"

"Yup" she smiles. "And I haven't known him for that long, but long enough to see and know that he's in love with you" he says.

"In love? No." I deny. It couldn't be true. He couldn't. Bellamy Blake is not in love with me.

"In love? Yes." he corrects me and I roll my eyes.

"W- what Millar you should be working!" I say and he gives me a funny look, "focus! Grounders could be here any minute!" I say.

"Payton? What ar—", "less talk more..... watching for grounders" I cut him off and walk away.