Chapter Twelve

September 16, 2016

"Come on Aidan, Daddy is down stairs getting your stuff up." I pick him up from my bed.

He slept for about 30 minutes and once he started to wake up more and more Mike went downstairs to get his stuff.

"Okay." He sighs. He's still a little tired.

"Elena I have a question." Aidan said.

"And what's that, little man?" I smile as I start to walk down the stairs.

"Will you be my new mommy?" He asks.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't ever replace his mom and Mike and I are just friends. I could be a mother figure but I could never be his mom or step mom or anymore than just a friend or aunt. And plus I've only known the kid for 3 days.

"Well, Aidan, I would never be able to replace your mommy." I tell him, he pouts a little, "But I can always be a mother figure to you. I can drive you places and teach you things about nasty girl." He giggles. "But I will never be able to replace her. She will always be your #1 mommy, promise me that okay?"

"Okay, Elena." He hugs my neck.

"Thanks again for watching him." Mike smiles getting him out of my arms.

"No problem. Anytime. Bye Mike." I smile.

"Bye Elena!" He says back.

Aidan waves goodbye and I shit the door as he walks to his car.

"Elena?" My mom says.

"Yeah?" I turn around to face her. She looked a little sad and nervous.

"Have you spoken to Hayes?" She says.

"What do you mean? Of course I haven't. He's not back yet." I laugh. But then notice someone standing behind her.

Nash.

I look between them two then up the stairs.

"Is he-"

"He went up right when he got here. You haven't seen him?" Nash asks.

I shake my head no.

I look back up the stairs and at his door.

I run up to his room.

I was scared to knock. No. Not scared.

Terrified.

I here footsteps behind me. I turn around and Nash was standing behind me. Motioning for me to go in.

I take a deep breath then put a hand on my stomach.

This is it lovebug. Time to meet daddy.

I twist the knob and walk in.

Hayes was sitting at his computer on Twitter.

He didn't even turn around to look at me.

"Hayes?" I say.

He turn around and looks at me. Then at lovebug. Then back at me.