Chapter 34

I wake up with a smile on my face.

Finally it's Christmas.

I've been waiting the last 3 months for this.

Last night was amazing. This Christmas will defiantly be my favorite.

I get up and put on some clothes before walking to Izzy's room.

I look and see that she was already gone so I'm guessing Hayes got her.

I walk downstairs to see Hayes, my mom, and Nash holding Izzy.

"Good morning." I smile then sit next to Nash.

"Oh and merry Christmas." I laugh almost forgetting.

They all say it back. "We're going to breakfast in a hour so go get ready." Hayes says. I nod and get up.

"Where are we going?" I ask. "We don't know yet." Nash says.

I nod and again then walk upstairs. I guess I'll just wear jeans and a nice shirt. I don't feel like doing too much.

****

"Maybe we should try giving her some of our pancake. She has 6 teeth." Hayes says picking a piece off of his food.

"Yeah, we've given her some watermelon so she should be able to eat it just fine." My mom says. 

Hayes puts some on the table in front of her high chair and she picks it up.

After a couple tries of getting it into her mouth she finally did and when she did she smiles really big while chewing. 

"I think she likes it." I laugh. "She defiantly does." Nash laughs beside me.

I set her bottle of juice next to her so she can have it just in case she gets thirsty.

"Hey Nash, later I'm taking Izzy to mom and dads grave. Do you want to come?" Hayes asks him. He nods his head sadly.

Hayes and Nash never talk about their parents. The only time they do is when they told about visiting.

Hayes doesn't remember much of them but he remembers enough for him to be sad and hurt that they're gone. It's been 7 years since then but it never gets better.

Nash is more affected by it than Hayes. Just because Nash is older and he had more memories.

"You guys hurry up and eat so we can get home." My mom says.

****

Hayes POV

I get Izzy out of the car and set her on my hip.

Nash comes around from the other side and locks the car on with they keys.

Izzy starts to look around at the new site. She's never been to a graveyard before. She's probably confused.

"Want to go meet Grandma and Grandpa?" I smile and hop her a little making her giggle and stick her hand in my mouth.

We walk over to their graves. Nash sets the flowers on them and sits on the ground. I sit next to him and put Isabella on my lap, in between my legs that are criss-crossed.

"Hey mom and dad." Nash sighs. "I miss you." Nash starts to tear up looking at the tombstones.

"You have a granddaughter." I smile through my tears.

Izzy looks up at me with a sad look. She lifts are hands up and touches my face, wiping away the tears.

I smile at her and take her hand then kiss it.