Chapter 6

A sigh escaped (Y/N)'s lips as she dug the ploy roughly into the dirt. It was the next day after the incident with Gally. It hurt her feels so much that she barely even went to Frypan for dinner or lunch. Her stomach was growling louder that Cecil when she was hungry.

  Sadly Cecil had been put out as a Runner dog in the Maze. It was an interesting concept considering that maybe it was the best idea that the Gladers have had since, well, never.

  Newt approached (Y/N) with a worried expression. He could tell that she was seriously upset and well.. Depressed. His hand reaches out and gently shook her shoulder as she glanced back, slowly enough so she wouldn't hit her head with his. "Hey... I brought you a piece of bread. It's not much but it's enough to get you through the day.. And since you didn't go to Frypan. It was Gally's idea..."

  "Gally?" (Y/N) questioned, raising an eyebrow with curiosity.

  Newt scratched the back of his head. "Yeah.. Speaking of Gally. He told me to tell you that he wants you to meet him at the trees at your break which... Won't be for a few hours so..."

  (Y/N) laughed lightly as she took the bread and bit into it. She savor each bite. "You can go now, by the way."

  Newt gasped as he realized he'd been watching each of her movements. "Oh bloody.. Sorry!" He said quickly as he ran to the grapevines.

  Hours rolled by and finally (Y/N) had gained her break. She went off toward the woods part of the area. Her eyes scan the edges of it with barely any emotion. In the corner of her eye she spotted Gally. Eyes filled with melancholy. (Y/N) felt pity for him but her features would not show it.

   "I'm...." Gally started but then he stopped. His eyes lowering toward the ground.

  (Y/N) took this as her chance before she walked toward him.

  Gally reeled back as she approached him. His body hit the trunk of a tree causing his breath to hitch. It was a pitiful scene to watch but it was interesting to be honest.

  Just as (Y/N) looked like she was about to hit him she stopped. Her frown turned into a playful grin. "Nah. I wouldn't hurt a pretty thing like you."

  Gally watched each of her movements as (Y/N) say at the base of the tree. Her hands clasped around a towel as she patted her sweaty forehead down. "Oh.." Was all he could say before he sat himself on the ground as well. Each of his eyes scanning for any detection of hate toward him by (Y/N).

  "Seriously. I'm over it." Was all he could say before she heard some sort of buzz sound.

  "The box..." Gally said as if he read her mind. A deep groan escaped her lips as she walked toward the box. It actually had been two months since she had been here so she obviously knew that there was a buzzer whenever he box would come up. "Supplies and a new Greenie."