Chapter Eight

(Picture of Agnes)

After a night of overthinking, I knew that I needed to see Gabriel immediately.

I must have an answer for this and how to control such a power.

Killian surprising me like that made me realize that I needed to decide who and when I saw others.

This was my power, not theirs.

"Gabriel?" I asked, knocking on his door.

He looked up at me and smiled "Well this is a nice surprise. You're up rather early, please come in"

I walked in, closing the door behind me and leaning against it.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, noticing my odd behavior.

"No. No, everything is not alright. We have a problem" I spoke, as I sat down across from him.

He set down the piece of paper he had been looking over "What is happening?"

I smoothed out the crinkles in my skirt, wondering just where to start on this topic. 

"I saw Killian last night. He said that since Theordore found his way through, then it was now his turn to speak to me" I explained.

He shook his head "And knowing Killian, he will only become a constant ache to your mind" 

"How can I learn to control this? Afterall, there must be a way to control who I get to see" I said, desperate for an answer.

He looked down "Cordelia, it is hard to say how I can help with this. I am in no way saying that I will not do what I can, but I know just as much as you do on this power. Have you been reading the diary?"

I nodded "Yes and their powers are listed, but only so many have intimate details on how to harness the power it gives"

"I know it can be quite tricky, but even with the P'yushego Vampirov, this power was rare. The last one that possessed it died back in 1589" he said, showing his own frustration. "It is difficult, I know, but perhaps I will learn from you in this situation"

"Gabriel, what if there is more happening? Why is this power being presented to vampires at this point?" I asked.

He leaned back in his chair, taking time to think over the question "I cannot answer that, sadly. I would like to believe that everything is happening for a reason, but I fear the reason may be sinister and dark, rather than a blessing to our kind"

I rested my head on my hand, worried about what could be happening because of this "Am I in danger?"

"There is no way of knowing right now, but if you are, no one will harm you. I will not allow that to happen" he said, reassuring me.

"Thank you, Gabriel" I whispered.

"Is there anything else that I can help with?" he asked.

I shook my head "No, if there is then I will come back to see you"

"He nodded "Please see that you do"

I stood up and headed back out into the hallway, closing the door once more. 

Though I left with little answers to my concerns, the fact that I could always go back for help made me feel better.

"Are you just becoming Gabriel's little pet now?" I heard a snarky voice ask.

I looked over, seeing Annabeth with a girl with dark red hair.

"No, Annabeth. I'm only having difficulties settling in and he is helping me adjust" I answered, not wanting to deal with any of her unnecessary remarks.