Chapter Eleven

(Picture of Ruby)

Killian's story kept repeating over in my head over the next few days.

I just couldn't understand how he could continue to be so cruel, knowing that he destroyed his family.

Could one destructive moment really determine who you will be for the rest of your existence?

"Are you sure you're ready to go?" Samuel asked, as we followed others outside.

I nodded "Yes, I have to do this eventually"

I looked out the window, seeing Florence, Montgomery, Archibald and Annabeth gathered outside.

"Cordelia!" Florence called, excited to see me joining in with others here.

"It won't be easy, Cordelia. Your first real kill never is" Samuel said, walking outside to be with everyone.

I looked over, seeing Gabriel and Phoebe were walking down the stairs.

Gabriel smiled "Are you finally going hunting?" 

I nodded "Yes, I figured the sooner that I accepted what I needed to do then the easier it would be"

"Sometimes it is easier diving in, before you have a chance to truly overthink what you are about to do" Phoebe said, being her naturally caring self.

I looked back out the window "I should be going now"

They both nodded and I stepped outside, trying to accept that this is something I could not continue to put off.

"Would you hurry up, some of us are hungry and bringing you along is already going to slow us down" Annabeth said, annoyed as always.

"No one is asking you to stay around, Annabeth. If you are that hungry then run off and do what you must" Montgomery said, equally annoyed.

She rolled her eyes "If you don't want me around then just say so"

"Fine, I don't want you around" Montgomery said.

I felt as though I was missing something, because as far as I was concerned, they seemed to always tolerate each other.

"How about we just go now, will that make everyone happy?" Archibald  said, trying to stop something before it started.

Samuel looked at me "Just allow yourself to feel free and it should come very naturally"

I watched as Annabeth, Archibald and Montgomery took off running towards the woods.

"Now or never, right?" I asked.

Florence and Samuel both nodded and took off running behind them.

I closed my eyes, taking it in, before letting myself run after them.

Once again the speed that I had was new to me and I felt as though I had little control over what happens so casually for my kind.

I could tell the others were not far ahead, do to my new heightened senses, making things more than overwhelming.

Colors seemed to hit me more in the face, as though I had been blind as a human and despite the speed I was going at, I could see everything so clearly.

I came to a stop, smelling the intoxicating scent of blood nearby.

"Seems we have met a common point" Montgomery said, walking towards me. 

I looked around, noticing that the smell was coming from two different places "Two people are here"

He nodded "At least we will not have to share"