Chapter Twenty-Four

We had all rushed inside of the manor, following behind Montgomery who was carrying a hysteric Agnes.

"Gabriel!" Montgomery called out, growing very impatient as he waited for Gabriel to show up.

Lionel pushed everything off of the dining room table, letting the glass shatter against the floor.

I watched as Montgomery placed her on the table, trying to calm her down.

Gabriel pushed past the group, taking his place beside Montgomery "What in the world is going on here?"

"We found her outside, we could all hear her screaming and she will not relax" Montgomery said, as both of the them looked over her squirming body.

Tears were streaming down her face, as she cried out in terror "Don't let them get me!"

Josephine covered her mouth and buried her face against Lionel, while he held her close.

We were all in shock, seeing her so disturbed by whatever had happened to her.

"Florence, calm her, now!" Gabriel yelled, trying to hold Agnes down, by her shoulders.

Florence nodded and stared down at Agnes, trying to make her relax more and the rest of us, because her screams were piercing our spines.

"No!" Agnes cried, appearing as though she were hyperventilating.

Her screams began to die down, but not even Florence's gift could keep her from crying.

Gabriel stared down at her, stroking her hair "Agnes, can you hear me?"

She gave a small nod, still clearly upset.

"Alright, I want you to tell me what happened. Can you do that for me?" Gabriel asked, speaking to her as though she were a scared child.

She shook her head, as more tears streamed down her cheeks "I can't, I can't"

Montgomery took her hand, squeezing it.

Annabeth shoved past me "Let me see her"

Montgomery moved over, letting Annabeth take her place.

Annabeth looked down at her, staring at her as if Agnes was her own child "I want you to listen carefully, Agnes. Whoever did this, will be punished, but we cannot do anything unless you tell us exactly what they did to you"

Agnes shook her head, but Annabeth put her hand on her head "They could take you again if you do not cooperate with us"

Agnes closed her eyes, whimpering "They put me in a room, a room where the sun never hit" she shook her head as though she were reliving everything "They made me drink something that burned my insides and made me weak" she started crying harder.

"It's alright, we are here for you" Gabriel said, continuing to stroke her hair.

"I do not know how many there were, because I could not see their faces in that darkness. They fed on me constantly, tearing me apart" she continued.

Annabeth moved her dress, where several vicious bites were seen on her body.

She let out a sob "I don't want them touching me again!"

Agnes quickly sat up and hugged Annabeth, who held her, showing nothing but protection.

"This must stop, Gabriel" Annabeth said, tightening her hold on Agnes as she cried against her.

Gabriel put his hand on Agnes' shoulder "Agnes, how did you get away?"

Agnes slowly turned, looking at him, while Annabeth wiped her eyes "I didn't escape, they let me go"