Chapter Twenty- One

(Dramatic music that I suggest be played after Cordelia leaves the bedroom)

 Heath was pacing back and forth, while Samuel was leaning against a wall in frustration.

"I do not understand what is happening" Ruby said, wrapping her arms around herself.

I picked watched as Florence entered the room, shaking her head "Henry is better now, but I cannot wrap my mind around how Agnes was murdered and he wasn't"

"She was easily caught off guard, while he still had a chance to react" Montgomery said, walking up behind her.

"It does not make any sense!" Henry said, continuing to pace.

Florence stared at him "Why are you so nervous?"

"Because this is happening now, we do not have a say in anything anymore" Heath said, balling his fists up.

Montgomery rolled his eyes "Just calm him down, Florence"

"I have no right to use my gift on him" Florence whispered.

Heath stopped walking and looked at her "You can make this panicked feeling go away?"

She gave a small nod, understand just how worried he was if it meant he was asking for help from a vampire.

"Use it, please," he said, his eyes pleading for help.

She slowly walked up to him and stared at him "What do you want to feel?"

"You decide, I trust you" he said, closing his eyes.

There was an instensity between them and I could not look away from it

"Am I missing something?" Montgomery whispered to me

I stared in confusion "I am just as a flummoxed as you are"

Florence put her hand to his cheek and closed her eyes and you could see the stress and all of the worry vanish from his face and see it replaced with tranquil.

He slowly opened his eyes "Thank you, Florence"

She gave a smile and took a seat on the bed, acting as if nothing had just happened.

"Alright what the bloody hell was that?" Montgomery asked, saying what was on all of our minds.

Heath sat down on my vanity seat and ran his hands through his messy hair "I feel better now"

"Perhaps you should do the same with your brother, because he looks quite troubled" Ruby said, pulling all of our attention to Samuel who had his forehead rested against the wall and a fist ready to strike.

"Samuel, what is it?" Florence asked, rushing to be next to him.

He shook his head "Gabriel wants me to see what is going on and what to expect, but my focus is gone and everything I can see is so blurry that I might as well be stumbling around"

Florence hugged him tightly, pulling him away from his isolation "Do not allow yourself to feel such pressure, because we are all fighting together in this. I will not let you take on the weight of the world again"

He hugged her back and I saw that he was now crying against her shoulder, showing how scared he was.

Ruby walked up to me "Are we in trouble?"

I wrapped my arms around her "Yes, but we are going to get through it"

I looked to the balcony and saw Theodore and Killian standing there, both looking as worried as the rest of us.

"We will get through this" I stated, making sure she knew not to give up. I shook my head at them, unable to deal with such emotions.

We all looked at each other, seeing that none of us were truly at peace. Even Heath was still on edge, just not as much, since Florence assisted him.

"What should we do?" Heath asked, bringing us all out of this trance.

I stepped away from them and walked to the door "I need to speak to Gabriel, please watch after each other"

Before they could speak, I left, closing the door behind me and leaning my back against it. I closed my eyes and felt like I needed to count backwards just to relax.

It seemed like everything from both lives were colliding in my mind and if my heart truly worked I knew that it would be beating rapidly, ready to burst through my chest.

Images were flashing through my head, imges of Nathaniel during the engagement announcement, being strapped down in the institution" I took a few steps forward, trying to compose myself, but too much was happening.

I was seeing Theodore being killed and Killian's devilish side, while being conflicted with my own feelings of who I was supposed to be.

Tears were streaming down my face, as I tried to gracefully get to Gabriel's office, but too much was happening.

I let out a gasp as I relived the pain of transforming into a vampire and I collapsed against a wall, trying to keep my balance, but ultimately failing.

Everything was all too consuming and it was eating me alive as I experienced everything once more.

It felt like someone's hand was tightening around my chest and despite not needing to breathe, I felt I would soon die from the lack of air.

I slid down against the wall, a few doors down from Gabriel's office and I let out a cry of pain, as I began sobbing.

Why was everything revisiting me like this?

It was as though I had absolutely no control over my own thoughts and memories.

I began gasping for air, knowing that air would do nothing for me, but I felt like I was drowning, resulting in me hyperventilating.

I heard footsteps, but could make no contact.

Everything began flashing through my mind faster as their dialogue was heard so clearly, like I was hearing it for the first time and it was painful, hearing all of their words again.

"Help!" someone yelled.

More footsteps were heard and my eyes began going to the back of my head, while I started shaking viciously.

"Somebody!" they cried again.

I felt them wrap their arms around me and I let out a final gasp as the colors began turning dark and everything finally consumed me for the better.