Chapter Thirty-Two

Heath and I were returning from the woods, both more frustrated than before.

"We will be entering a blood bath if we approach them during the day time" Heath said, annoyed.

I shook my head "Not entirely. We would not be going in unless Gabriel knew we could manage the situation"

"What part of this situation are we even managing? Agnes has gone insane, Henry seems like he is constantly paranoid, Elsie is probably dead and Ruby is missing!" he yelled, making me jump.

I moved in front of him, stopping him "I understand that you are terrified of what is happening to Ruby, but so am I" my eyes started watering "Ruby does not deserve any of this and she reminded me of my little sister, so I feel like my own family has been ripped from me as well"

His eyes softened "I know that you are close with her"

"I know you hate vampires, but I care very deeply for her. The last thing that I wanted was for any harm to come to her and I feel responsible for not protecting her enough" I wiped my eyes and looked away "If I hadn't left the room to speak with Gabriel, if I had told someone to stay with her" I looked down, crying, feeling the guilt fill me.

I felt Heath's hand on my shoulder, making me flinch "I may be upset and I know that I am taking this out on all of the wrong people, but that does not mean this is your fault. We cannot assume what would have happened, because you could have been taken with her or you could have died trying to protect her"

I looked at him "I still feel like if I had been there then nothing bad would have happened to her"

Heath looked down at me "Clearly what I am saying is not getting through to you, so listen closely. I do not blame you for what happened, in fact, you are the only other person here that I trust alone with her"

I looked down "We have to find her"

"I know, but even if the worst happens, I want to make sure she is brought back here" he whispered.

I then saw that he knew there was a chance that something bad could happen, something that even he could not prevent in the end.

"Cordelia! Heath!" Florence yelled, running towards us.

Heath tensed up "What's wrong now?"

"Something is not right, everyone is acting strange and I'm scared that something is about to happen" she said, panic clear in her eyes.

"Let's just go inside and see what Gabriel has to say" I said, immediately walking towards the house.

Florence and Heath followed behind me and I could tell there was a change in tone as soon as I set foot in the manor.

For some odd reason, things seemed cold inside, as though I actually felt safer outside.

"Somebody pull him off!" Leo cried, standing near the entrance to the parlor.

We all rushed in and saw Archibald feeding on Issac, who was screaming in pain.

Josephine pulled Archibald off of Leo, while Phoebe and Montgomery rushed to Leo, trying to assist him.

I ran to Archibald, looking him in the eyes, but let out a gasp.

He appeared so animalistic, ready to pillage anything in sight, as he hissed, with blood dripping from him mouth.

"What happened to him?" I asked, reaching out to him, but quickly pulled away as he hissed once again.

Josephine and Lionel each held one of his arms, keeping him from attacking.