Chapter Ten

(Song to help with the mood of the chapter)

As I looked through Gabriel's diary, I couldn't help but be concerned about coming in contact with a P'yushego Vampirov.

Instead of the usual one or two powers that every vampire has, each one of them has three. 

And they're usually related in a way.

I looked at a sketch of their teeth that Gabriel had made and I noticed that instead of two fangs that could easily be hidden, their were four on top, two for each side.

It was clear that they were much more vicious than the standard vampire.

"Knock, knock" I heard Florence say from the doorway.

I quickly tucked the diary under my pillow and sat up.

She walked in and sat down beside me "I heard that you found your gift"

I nodded "Yes, looks like telekinesis"

She smiled "That is so exciting. I cannot wait to see you using it"

I smiled back.

"I've noticed that you seem rather distant and I hope I haven't done anything to upset you" she said, losing her smile.

I quickly shook my head "Oh no, no, you haven't done a thing"

"Then why haven't we spoken?" she asked.

I looked down, knowing that I had to give the same excuse that I had been giving everyone else "I'm just trying to cope, that is all"

"You seem rather close with Samuel" she whispered.

I looked up at her "He just feels responsible for what happened and is doing everything that he can to help me, that's all"

She nodded "Is anything going on between you?"

I shook my head again "No, absolutely not"

She lightly smiled "I wouldn't have a problem if there was something going on. In fact, you could be a real sister to me"

I smiled "Florence, Samuel and I are only friends"

She nodded "I know, I'm only teasing" she took my hands "A few of us are going hunting tonight. I thought you might want to join us, because it could be good for you to get out there"

"I'm not sure that I'm ready. Besides, it's been a long and exhausting day, because of the whole telekinesis thing and Montgomery and Samuel both think that I just need to rest for the remainder of the day" I said, feeling bad for rejecting her offer.

"I understand, but I hate the idea of you being stuck in this room. This isn't Killian's, so you don't have to stay in this room constantly" she said, knowing that what Killian did had done a number on me.

I nodded "I know, Florence. I promise that the next time you go out hunting, I will join you"

She smiled "Well I am certainly glad to hear that. You better keep your word though, because I will not hesitate in dragging you out"

I smiled "I'm sure you won't"

I watched as she stood back up and headed back to the door.

"I know that you're hiding something, but I don't plan on invading. Just know that I'm here for when you want to speak" she said, before walking back out to the hallway.

I looked down, hearing the door close and I knew that what I was doing wasn't right, but I was only doing what I thought was best

"You know that you won't ever get control over your power until you accept that you're now a vampire" Killian said, snarky as ever.