Chapter Twenty-Five

I looked down at the floor, while I was seated at the edge of my bed.

"Are you alright, Cordelia?" Leo asked, concerned at my lack of enthusiasm for what I was having to do.

I shook my head "I suppose I am just worried that I could ultimately harm you"

"This is something that you need to do. Gabriel ordered it and he would be upset if you grew weak over something like this" Leo said, holding out his wrist "Do not worry, I am doing this willingly, so you are not attacking me"

I gave a small nod, knowing that he was right and Gabriel couldn't deal with more stress on top of all of this.

I took Leo's wrist and pressed my fangs against it, feeling them penetrate against his skin, breaking it.

As some of his blood filled my mouth, I heard him wince in pain, making me pull away quickly.

"No, no, please do not stop" he said, making it clear that he felt bad for making that sound.

I quickly shook my head "I can't hurt you"

I stood up and walked to the window, wishing I could go outside, but knowing that the there was danger lurking just outside the walls.

"When is the last time you fed on a human?" he asked, standing up.

I looked down "Technically, I have only fed on two people"

"Only two? All this time you have just been drinking blood here, instead of actually hunting?" he asked, shocked "You do realize that the blood helps you so much more when it is fresh, right?" 

I nodded "Yes, I am well aware, but it is easier to drink it that way"

I watched as he picked up one of my glasses from my vanity and look down "So it is easier for you to drink it from a glass?"

"Yes, but we cannot do anything about that" I said, wondering what he was planning to do.

He looked through my vanity drawers, rummaging through my belongings "Do you have anything sharp?"

"Yes, why?" I asked, confused.

He stopped what he was doing, picking up my smaller mirror and slamming it down on the vanity, shattering the glass.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked, upset.

He picked up one of the broken glass pieces "I'm making you drink blood one way or another" 

I gasped as he cut open his arm, making a mess on the carpet, as he tried to fill the glass.

"Leo!" I cried, rushing to him.

He set the almost full glass on the vanity "Drink, now"

"No, we need to get your arm fixed!" I said, shocked that he would do such a thing.

"I will go to Montgomery and have him fix it, but for now, you are drinking" he said, picking the glass back up and putting it in front of me.

I hesitantly took it, but soon gulped it down, forgetting how good fresh blood tasted.

I licked my lips, wanting more "You shouldn't have done that"

He shrugged "Probably not, but my chances of survival are based on everyone's strength, so I will make sure that you get what is needed. Now do I need to cut open my other are, or will you willingly drink from me?"

"Please do not make me do this" I whispered.

"Why are you so against feeding on an actual human?" he asked.