Chapter Fifteen

(Picture of Jospehine)

"That is enough!" Gabriel shouted, sending everyone into silence.

Phoebe stood beside him, rubbing his arm.

Gabriel rubbed his forehead, frustrated by what was going on.

"Does no one understand that there is a great threat outside out walls and that we may have put aside our sensible thinking just once to get rid of this danger?" he asked, looking at all of us.

We had been split into groups, by those who stood by Samuel and I, then there were those that were livid with the idea of hunters inside this home.

Annabeth, Lionel, Agnes, Rosalyn, Tobias and Josephine stood on the opposing side, with fear in their eyes.

Samuel, Florence, Montgomery, Rosemary, Archibald and myself stood on the other side, seeing more than the others.

Samuel and I were still the only ones out of our group that knew the real threat, but the others knew we would not be pushing this hard for something unless we were truly in danger.

"Hunters do not belong here! They will kill us!" Josephine said, annoyed by the idea of it.

Gabriel had not even broken the news that Ruby and Heath were actually already here, because Gabriel had found a way to make their scent disappear.

"I undestand everyone's concerns" Gabriel continued.

Henry stood next to Gabriel, not showing whose side he stood on, but he seemed good at hiding his true intentions.

"Perhaps we could keep them in the dungeons, let them train there then use them for our advantage when this supposed threat comes near us" Henry suggested.

Samuel looked at him, unconvinced that he had actually said that. "You would be treating them like animals!"

"They are humans, we do not care about their kind" Annabeth said, fighting back.

Samuel rolled his eyes "No! The humans that live here are not even put through that. They have their rooms and they are not treated like animals, if they were they would not be loyal to us. If we want the hunters to feel safe with us then we need to show them that we are also capable of trusting an enemy!"

I was surprised by Samuel's outburst, because I had never seen him so angry before.

Florence even looked surprised by this.

"We are not letting them into our home!" Annabeth screamed.

Gabriel looked at all of us "This is not everyone's decision. I have never put us in danger and I will continue to stand by that, but this is my choice and the hunters are going to stay here and help us, because we need each other to survive. I am the eminent, this is my coalition, this is my say!"

Everyone went silent again.

I looked around and saw that none of them would look at anyone else, they all knew that there was nothing they could say.

"All I have left to say is that if you trust me, you need to stand with me now more than ever" Gabriel said, before walking away, with Phoebe.

Henry stepped forward "Gabriel knows what he is doing. You all know that, so you must trust him, because he cares more about keeping you all safe than himself"

Henry had such a devilish look, which reminded me of Killian. He may be Gabriel's second, but there was something about him that made me fear for my safety, just because his eyes did not seem like they belonged to his face.