Chapter Thirty-Three

Ruby's body was hung up against the back wall, bruised and cut up.

"H-Heath" she whispered, absolutely frail.

"I knew I could never trust your kind!" Heath yelled, running towards her.

Elsie stepped forward, alive and well, holding a knife against Ruby's neck "Do not come any closer"

"Elsie?" Florence asked, shocked.

"I am not just some poor, fragile human! I thought you all were treating me well, but the P'yuschego Vampirov showed me that I am just food for you all" Elsie said, sounding mad.

"We never treated you as though you were just food!" Florence yelled.

Elsie laughed "You're joking right? These vampires do not feed on humans, you are the real monsters, because they were created to eliminate your kind, which I am more than willing to help with"

"What does my sister have to do with this?" Heath asked, desperate to save her, but unsure of how to act on it.

Elsie traced the knife down Ruby's chest "Ruby is not just any human, she is meant to destroy them and that means she must be stopped"

"Elsie, we spoke at one point and you seemed like such a nice young girl. Please, do not take her from me" Heath pleaded.

Florence focused on Elsie, making her twitch.

"Do not use your gift on me, you nasty bitch!" Elsie cried, placing the knife back to Ruby's throat "I will not hesitate in ending her life"

"Florence, stop!" Heath yelled.

Florence fell back, defeated.

I wanted to use my gift of telekinesis against her, but I was unsure of whether or not someone was nearby, ready to finish the job if she was unable to.

"Is anyone else here?" I asked, stumbling over my words.

Elsie smiled "The voices are telling me the truth and if you dare use your gift then she will meet her end"

Florence and Heath both looked at me, worried.

I took a step forward.

"Stop moving!" Elsie yelled, paranoid, as she pointed the knife at me.

I took a step back "Alright, fine. Now, please enlighten me on who these voices are"

A small smile spread across her face "They are quite nice, really, they are. They tell me what to do and let me know of when I need to act on something. They can get in your mind as well"

"So one of these things has the power to control you?" Heath asked, looking at Elsie with pure rage.

She shook her head "No, they have their powers, but getting inside our minds are coming from a different source of power"

She leaned her head back against Ruby "I love the shade of red"

"Wait, our minds, as in more than one?" Heath asked.

She nodded "Yes, you didn't think I was the only one, did you?"

"Are they in the house?" I asked.

"Yes, they are and they are waiting to hit, waiting for the right time and when they do, you cannot stop their hold on this place" she continued.

"God dammit! Just release my sister!" Heath said, growing very impatient.

Elsie frowned "Do not speak to me like that! I have the power here and you all are just here to pass the time"

"Pass the time?" I asked.

She nodded, giggling, "They needed time to gather everyone inside, to set their plan into motion"

Heath balled his hands into fists, beginning to reach for his stake.

Elsie watched and took the knife, cutting open Ruby's stomach, making her scream in pain.

"Make it stop! Please!" Ruby screamed, crying out.

"The more you scream, the more I will make it hurt!" Elsie yelled, sticking her finger in the cut.

Ruby cried hysterically, making us all cringe and Heath grow more angry.

Elsie looked at Ruby and smiled "You know, I think I am growing quite bored of all of this and they're telling me to quit"

"Then quit, let her go!" Heath screamed.

Elsie let out a devilish smile "They mean for me to quit playing with the toy"

We watched, unable to do anything, as Elsie reached the knife to Ruby's throat.

"Say goodbye" Elsie whispered, as Ruby continued crying.

She dug the knife into Ruby's throat, tearing it open, making blood spray from her.

We all screamed, while Elsie laughed, unhinged and excited to see the blood pour from Ruby's throat.

Heath let out a scream and took his stake, running towards Elsie and jamming it into her chest.

She gasped as her own blood poured from her chest and mouth, as she began choking on her own blood.

Elsie dropped, still gagging, while we ran to Ruby's body, trying to take her down from the chains.

Heath took Ruby's now limp body from Florence, carrying her out of the stable, with us slowly following behind.

We approached a large tree, where he set her body under, emotional and empty all at the same time. 

"Heath, I am so sorry" Florence said, probably feeling emotional from her own gift of empathy.

He shook his head "No, I am sorry. I realize now that vampires are not evil because of what they are. Especially after seeing a human do this to, to" he struggled to get the name out "Ruby"

He collapsed to his knees, beginning to cry.

"I'm so sorry, Ruby! Please forgive me!" he cried, placing his head against her body, sobbing 

I kneeled down beside him "Heath, this is not your fault. None of this saw this coming"

"When you were speaking with Gabriel, Phoebe told me that before Samuel went on his feeding spree, he was speaking of a vision, but everytime he tried to explain it, he complained of ringing in his head" Florence said, saying it as though she were terrified to speak at all.

"I want to kill them" Heath whispered, standing up.

"How, we don't even know where they are" I said, standing beside him.

He shook his head "I do not care. They saw her as a threat and they took her life, which I will never let go"

Screams erupted from inside the manor, catching us all off guard.

Heath wiped his tears "I'm ending this now" he gathered up his tools, strapping them to his body "They can attack all they want, but it does not mean that we will not fight back"

Heath handed us each a stake "They have entered the minds of others, which means the ones we know may as well be gone"

Florence and I nodded and looked at the manor.

"This is it, isn't it?" Florence asked.

Heath looked at her "You will not die, these sick bastards will not be taking away anyone else that I care about"

She looked surprised by his words "You care about me?"

He cleared his throat "I care about life and I'd like to see as little death as I can"

She nodded and I watched, confused by the conversation.

We all began walking towards the house, unsure of what we were now walking into, but we knew that it would not be well.