Chapter Nine

(Picture of Elsie)

"Just keep focusing on Theodore" Samuel advised me, as we walked around me.

After Samuel had suggested we try to control it, using methods that he was taught, we had been outside, near the garden for nearly an hour.

"I'm not saying that this is never going to work, but I have been staring at nothing for the past hour and so far there has been zero progression" I said, annoyed.

He frowned "Cordelia, it is not supposed to be an easy process. It was almost a year before I got to control my gift"

I groaned "A year of Killian popping in whenever he wishes? I cannot think of such a thing"

"As terrible as it may be, I believe you may have to accept the possibility" he replied, rubbing my shoulder.

I shook my head, feeling defeated "It is just difficult, because no one else here has a power like this. Gabriel also wants me to keep it quiet for the time being, so I cannot ask for help either"

"The others will be questioning your powers soon as well" he said.

I looked down and slumped to the ground "I didn't even consider that"

Samuel sat down beside me "I know that this isn't easy to deal with"

"I'm just glad that someone knows what is going on" I said, happy to not be completely alone.

He smiled, but then looked down "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything" I said.

He looked at me, concerned "I have been having visions lately, of a young girl"

"A girl?" I asked.

He nodded "I believe she is maybe fourteen or fifteen"

"Do you recognize her?" I asked.

He shook his head "I've never seen her before"

"That is strange" I replied, looking down at him "You don't believe a new threat is coming near us, do you?"

He shrugged "I have absolutely no idea. Whenever I close my eyes, for more than a few moments, images of this girl flashes in my mind"

"Is she a threat?" I asked.

"I do not know. She isn't a vampire, just a human"

"Perhaps you should speak to Gabriel" I suggested.

He nodded "I am just concerned, because we just escaped from danger and it must be far too soon before we encounter another threat"

"I know, Samuel" I said, agreeing.

He cleared his throat "Here, let's continue with this"

I nodded, despite wanting to avoid this as long as I could.

"Maybe if you actually focus on something, rather than the entirety of the land" he suggested.

I gave a small nod and directed my focus on a large rock that rested in front of the tree.

Images of Theodore filled my mind and the need to hear his voice again started making me emotional.

What if I was never meant to see him again and saying goodbye was really goodbye for us?

"Keep focusing" Samuel said.

I started blocking out the noises around me, no longer hearing the sounds of nature fill my ears.