Chapter Fourteen

We had returned to the manor and Rosemary was now back into her human form, ready to take guard once again.

"You have done very well, Cordelia. Gabriel will most certainly be impressed with how well you handled the situation. As for the others, some will not enjoy the idea of vampire hunters living inside, but hopefully they too will soon see how necessary all of this truly is" Rosemary explained, patting me on the shoulder.

"Thank you, Rosemary. I appreciate your help and thank you for protecting me" I said, glad to see that she wasn't as opposed to me as others.

"How many vampires live here?" Heath asked, looking at the size of the manor.

I looked over to him, as Rosemary left us "The manor is large, but there are not as many vampires inside, so do not worry"

He gave a small nod "I certainly hope not"

I walked ahead of the two, opening the front door for them to enter.

"We are entering where our enemies live and I still have no idea why I am allowing this" Heath muttered, looking around, with his crossbow ready.

I looked over to him "Keep in mind that having that weapon so noticeable will not make the transition easy for anymore"

He sighed and put the crossbow down, holding it to his side "I do not like any of this"

"Well, maybe not all vampires are as bad as we all believe" Ruby said, trying to be hopeful.

I saw Gabriel standing at the stop of the staircase "I am happy to see that you successfully made this possible, Cordelia" he walked down the stairs, approaching Ruby and Heath "My name is Gabriel Thatcher, I am the eminent of this coalition and I am welcoming you both in with open arms" he held out his hand.

Ruby shook his hand "My name is Ruby Kinsbury" she looked at Heath, who didn't want to be so touchy "This is my older brother Heath"

Gabriel nodded, making note of Heath's boundaries "I am glad to meet both of you and you are welcome to stay for as long as you see fit"

"Hopefully this threat will make itself known, we can destroy it and end this temporary compromise" Heath said, looking around "This home is very dark and gaudy"

Gabriel chuckled "Yes, we all enjoy our dark and dramatic colors" he cleared his throat "Anyway, my wife has prepared a room for both of you, hoping that Cordelia would be successful in convincing you to join us"

"Vampires marry?" Heath asked, surprised.

"Yes, vampires are capable of long term relationships, just like anyone else" Gabriel answered "And if you have any questions, please ask me or Cordelia. Until the others know of your arrival, you will be limited with who you can communicate with" Gabriel continued.

Heath nodded "I suppose that is good to know, even if we don't want to socialize with your kind"

"Not everyone is thrilled with the idea that will be here, right?" Ruby asked, looking up at Gabriel.

Gabriel gave a small nod "That is true, but under my rule, they are forbidden from hurting you. You have no reason to fear us, because of this I hope we can have an understanding that as long as we cause no harm, then you will return the favor for us as well. Those that are concerned with you being here are only being this way because they are concerned for their lives as well"

Heath stared at him sharply "That is fair. As long as we are on equal agreement then we will cause no harm to your kind, but the minute either one of us feels threatened by you or any other vampire then you can die for all we care"

"Heath do no be so direct" Ruby said, almost embarrassed. 

It was clear to me that Ruby had not been a hunter for long, but even if she had then this was odd to see that a hunter could be so eager around vampires.

"Only if you quit being so enthusiastic about this whole situation. At the end of the day you are a hunter and vampires are not our allies. They are the enemy and until this supposed common threat is destroyed they will simply be a group that we fight with" Heath said, then looked at me and Gabriel "This is not a permanent thing, so do not expect us to walk out of here as friends"

"We just want this threat to be destroyed, with as little loss as possible" I said, trying to assure him. 

Heath let out a sigh "Can we please be taken to our room now? It is late and we need sleep, unlike vampires we do not live in the night" 

I looked at him, knowing that he knew just as much as I did coming here. Perhaps a little more, but he knew vampires as the way they had been told in stories. 

Had he actually been around a vampire long enough to see its true weaknesses?

"Absolutely" Gabriel said and looked at me "Cordelia, perhaps you could escort them to their room. It is next to yours. That way you can keep an eye out on the others that linger around"

I nodded "Of course, just follow me"

I began walking up the stairs and I heard their footsteps, following behind me.

"This place is so large" Ruby said, curiously "How many rooms are there?"

I gave a small shrug "I am unsure. I have not been here nearly as long as the others"

"Where are the others?" Heath asked, on guard.

"Some are asleep, others do their own thing in their own rooms. You see, vampires do not stay awake constantly in the night, we are awake for all hours and sleep when we need it" I explained.

Heath looked at me surprised "I thought vampires slept during the day and stayed awake in the night"

I shook my head "No, you see your way of killing vampires may be correct, but you do not know the real ways of vampires. It seems that what you know is actually traits of our common threat"

He looked down, making it seem as though he were questioning everything he thought he knew.

"This could be good for us, Heath" Ruby said.

We approached the only room that was next to mine and I opened the door "There should be a key inside that you can use to keep the room locked whenever you need. I will knock two times on the door, so that you know it is me"

Ruby went inside, where two beds were resting inside.

Heath turned to me "You could have left us to die during this violent end. I suppose I am grateful for that, but you are still a vampire to me, which leaves it there"

He walked into the room and picked up the key on the vanity.

"Sweet dreams" I whispered.

He closed the door and immediately locked it.

They were here and this meant that we could move forward in trying to find out as much as we could during this hard time.

A sinking feeling in my chest reminded me that things would only go downhill until the P'yushego Vampirov were destroyed. 

-

Author's Note: I am finally getting this uploaded, because Wattpad is being so difficult with me uploading. I hope you all enjoy and I am currently working on the next chapter, which may be uploaded tonight or tomorrow. Please comment, vote and share this story if you enjoy it. 

Eternal Loss (Book #2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara